Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Disconnecting Arduino from the USB and trying to communicate over TX/RX  (Read 71 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I am trying to have the arduino continuously send serial data over TX/RX pins. Once I upload my program onto Arduino using the USB, then unplug the USB, will Arduino automatically start transmitting the serial data over its TX/RX pins (assuming its supplied extermal power)?

Thanks.

Edison Member
View Profile

Do you have the Arduino Uno board ?
The RX (pin 0) and TX (pin 1) are always connected to the usb-serial.
If you connect something else to pin 0 and pin 1, the signals of the usb-serial are overriden, but they are still connected. That is regardless if the Arduino board is powered with the usb plug or not. So you can keep on using the usb to power the Arduino.

Tesla Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

I am trying to have the arduino continuously send serial data over TX/RX pins. Once I upload my program onto Arduino using the USB, then unplug the USB, will Arduino automatically start transmitting the serial data over its TX/RX pins (assuming its supplied extermal power)? Thanks.

I would think it would.

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   smiley-cool

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Yes it will.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: