Go Down

Topic: DCC ACK-pin (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

minitreintje

Hello,

I have a question about a schematic for reading out the DCC code for the Arduino.
DCC is a protocol for modelroading: controlling trains,turnouts,signals,...

You can set CV's (settings) to a DCC decoder. But you can also read out the values. To read out the values the DCC decoder have to give feedback by turning the DCC ACK-pin high (which is connected to the tracks.
But how it's connected I don't know. I found only a schematic with an optocoupler to read out the DCC commands.

Somebody who knows this?

Schematic:

library with some explanation:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mrrwa/files/

Dylan

GWMark

Hi Dylan,

did you ever get a solution to this one? I am looking at doing something with a mobile decode for servos and would like to know the same thing.

Thanks
Mark

minitreintje

Nope :(... I found an ACK circuit for an PIC controller but I can't get it working with the Arduino AVR.

Cheers,
Dylan

GWMark

Tanks Dylan, that's a shame. I have to say I found the library nice and easy to use and have my decoder working quickly.  Now I wanted to move onto the CV side of things, but for that the ACK mechanism has to be sorted out. So I guess I have hit a brick wall for now. The funny thing is I had the same problem trying to modify a PIC decoder as well.

Thanks for our quick response.
Mark

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy