Go Down

Topic: LCD display with ILI9341 driver on Arduino (Read 65321 times) previous topic - next topic

rok_rok

Hello,
I am wonder how to use LCD diplay with ILI9341 driver on Arduino (Uno, Mega).
Here is an eBay example of such LCD diplay (2.2 TFT SPI 240*320):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360699426541?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

On display there are pins: SDO (MISO), SCK, SDI (MOSI), D/C, RESET, CS, GND, VCC.

Here is one library that could be suitable:
http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/2.8%27%27_TFT_Touch_Shield_V2.0
http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/File:Seeed_TFT_v2.0.zip

However, I am not sure how to connect this LCD display and how to change library to work with this display. My attempts was without a success for now.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Rok

nid69ita

I tryed with both library without results.     =(
And you?
my name is IGOR, not AIGOR

oznet

I am also looking for a library for the ili9341 lcd.
I have tried adafruits and one from seeedstudio and could not get either to display anything.
Wired as per the instructions for each library..  (the two we're slightly different)

Display is http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=190889284044&view=all&tid=862726690009

Thanks

skding

i'm testing this lcd bought from ebay also with my uno. struggled for a day and after reading the specification, i believe most of us make a very simple mistake. the voltage. u need 3.3v to talk to this unit. my uno is 5v, so i use few resistors and make a voltage divider and guess what, the display is working.

tried seeedTFT, fast, small but limited function. UTFT is great, but the program is too heavy for uno.

hope this give a tips to you.

good luck.

nid69ita

Yes, many thanks.    +1 karma to you  :D
Many sellers on eBay, but nobody specify voltage required.

nid69ita

You follow this connection schema? I tried using a HCF4050 but for me not working  =(
Pinout (Arduino : TFT)
D4 : RESET
D5 : CS
D6 : D/C
D7 : LED
D11 : MOSI
D12 : MISO
D13 : SCK

TheCoolest

Sep 16, 2013, 04:24 pm Last Edit: Sep 16, 2013, 04:25 pm by TheCoolest Reason: 1

You follow this connection schema? I tried using a HCF4050 but for me not working  =(
Pinout (Arduino : TFT)
D4 : RESET
D5 : CS
D6 : D/C
D7 : LED
D11 : MOSI
D12 : MISO
D13 : SCK

Not the same display, but the same general idea. Here is how I have it wired:
* Click to enlarge.

The MISO pin should go directly back to your Arduino, without going through the 4050.

nid69ita

Thanks to @TheCoolest for diagram

I have a problem. I used seedstudio library and for one time screen is okay (text demo).
But after, moving TFT and/or breadboard with cd4050 not work.
Sometimes I reset Arduino and only a part of image visible and in a microsecond all white.

Can be a problem about my breadboard, or header of TFT (it arrived already soldered) ?

matchy

I purchased a 1.8" (got working) and this 2.2" tft display from eBay. I haven't been able to get this 2.2" display to work either. Although I tried it but no luck, that if 3V is required, can it be done with mega?

nid69ita

I purchased a 1.8" (got working) and this 2.2" tft display from eBay. I haven't been able to get this 2.2" display to work either. Although I tried it but no luck, that if 3V is required, can it be done with mega?

?? Arduino Mega?   Also on Arduino Mega signals on pins are at 5V.
Arduino Uno and Mega have a pin at 3.3V but all other pins are at 5V.

matchy

?? Arduino Mega?   Also on Arduino Mega signals on pins are at 5V.
Arduino Uno and Mega have a pin at 3.3V but all other pins are at 5V.

Okay then I will get a level converter then because I have tried weeks to get this going on 5V.  :smiley-roll-blue:

nid69ita

Sep 24, 2013, 09:40 pm Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 03:18 pm by nid69ita Reason: 1
Hi, now my TFT 2.2" work.
I made a little stripboard with CD4050 and with fixed connection now work !
Thanks to all and specially to @TheCoolest; MISO connected directly to Arduino

nid69ita

Sep 24, 2013, 10:06 pm Last Edit: Sep 24, 2013, 10:10 pm by nid69ita Reason: 1
Another question about this TFT.
Also it have a SD. Somebody know how it work? I need to solder a 4 pin header?
I think GND and 3V3 is used from display header.

TheCoolest

I'm glad you got it working, nice job.

Regarding the SD, it also requires 3.3v to work. The MOSI, MISO and SCK pins are shared with the LCD, you'll only need one extra pin for CS to go to the SD card slot.

Go Up