Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Interest in 1284P boards?  (Read 8529 times)
Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Ok folks, please send your order requests with payment via paypal to cardinalflyer @ comcast dot net.
Be specific on what you want:
# of kits
# of extra 1284's if desired
wallwart  voltage if desired
MIKROE-483 if desired

I got home later than planned after a contentious meeting, so the ordering will happen tonight.
I still plan to order for 25 kits, but will not be ordering wallwarts & MIKROE-483s unless they are asked for.

[EDIT] I'll hold off on ordering until Wednesday night (east coast US time) to allow a little time for folks to respond, I have no particular reason to rush.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 09:41:02 am by CrossRoads » Logged

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Edison Member
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.
View Profile

Count me in for 2 unassembled kits (no wall wart) plus 2 spare controller chips. Canada.

Thanks!

If it is not too late change this to 2 unassembled kits (no wall wart) plus 5 spare controller chips

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Can do. $27 + (5 x $5.75) = $55.75.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

Edison Member
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.
View Profile

Can do. $27 + (5 x $5.75) = $55.75.
$27 X 2 + (5 X $5.75) + $5(Canada) + $2(1 beer for you) = $89.75 US dollars,  Correct?
LarryD

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

Yes, thanks for the correction. For multiple kits, its $27 for 1st and $22 for additional, I can stuff multiple kits into 1 box. So $84.75 with the beer tip smiley-cool

Wahiawa, Hawaii
God Member
View Profile

@CrossRoads can I also get just order the parts, less the PCB?  I still have two of the PCBs I ordered previously.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

Sure. $27 - $4.50 = $22.50
1 set?

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

Still accepting orders - paypal to cardinalflyer @ comcast dot net
Please indicate if you want something besides the basic board & kit.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

Materials for 25 CCAs ordered.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

Gang,
I received parts from Mouser, realized I ordered two 5V regulators,  instead of 5 and 3.3V.
Mouser doesn't have 3.3 in pinout needed, going to order from digiikey instead.
Do you see  any benefit of  one of these over  the other?
Both are sourced from 5V, with 5V-Gnd-3.3V on the pins left to right and tab at Gnd.
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/TC1262-3.3VDBTR/TC1262-3.3VDBCT-ND/669517
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/MCP1825S-3302E%2FDB/MCP1825S-3302E%2FDB-ND/1636103

Looks like my 4th LED color, blue, went out of stock before they shipped.  Rats!

Global Moderator
Dallas
Shannon Member
View Profile

TC1262...
- Uses a bit less power so it's a slightly better choice for battery power.

MCP1825...
- Seems to have a slightly lower dropout voltage.
- Has "short circuit protection".  The other one has "over current protection".  From the description, it sounds like "short circuit protection" is more robust than "over current protection". 

Looks like either one would be a good choice.  I don't have a preference.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

Regulators & LEDs ordered.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 10:20:18 pm by CrossRoads » Logged

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

TC1262...
- Uses a bit less power so it's a slightly better choice for battery power.

MCP1825...
- Seems to have a slightly lower dropout voltage.
- Has "short circuit protection".  The other one has "over current protection".  From the description, it sounds like "short circuit protection" is more robust than "over current protection". 

Looks like either one would be a good choice.  I don't have a preference.

Just marketing type word choice, short circuit protection is a subset of over current protection.

Lefty

Global Moderator
Dallas
Shannon Member
View Profile

After having worked with sales & marketing folks for a large chunk of my life I should know better.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

All righty! 25 kits prepared, first 8 going out tomorrow, 15 or 16 are left (I think I am short 1 socket for the last one).
We assembled one to make sure my installation instructions are good. Found out order is a little important for 1 cap, other than that it went smooth. If I do this again, I will order different 0.1uF caps.
Bootloaded and installed Blink, board works as expected.
Here's pics with a couple of shields, one shows mating with the ICSP header, the other shows the cap that needs to be watched during assembly, put the headers and the cap in place before soldering any of the three and they fit fine.

Schematic, Layout, and Assembly Directions are on the website
www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

* Bootloading1284.JPG (82.22 KB, 1094x458 - viewed 35 times.)

* IMG_2739.JPG (163.42 KB, 956x1268 - viewed 26 times.)

* IMG_2743.JPG (92.59 KB, 1094x702 - viewed 26 times.)

* IMG_2745.JPG (83.57 KB, 1121x516 - viewed 22 times.)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 10:44:03 pm by CrossRoads » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Jump to: