Go Down

Topic: Interest in 1284P boards? (Read 10878 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

Aug 12, 2013, 02:50 pm Last Edit: Aug 12, 2013, 04:41 pm by CrossRoads Reason: 1
Ok folks, please send your order requests with payment via paypal to cardinalflyer @ comcast dot net.
Be specific on what you want:
# of kits
# of extra 1284's if desired
wallwart  voltage if desired
MIKROE-483 if desired

I got home later than planned after a contentious meeting, so the ordering will happen tonight.
I still plan to order for 25 kits, but will not be ordering wallwarts & MIKROE-483s unless they are asked for.

[EDIT] I'll hold off on ordering until Wednesday night (east coast US time) to allow a little time for folks to respond, I have no particular reason to rush.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

LarryD

Count me in for 2 unassembled kits (no wall wart) plus 2 spare controller chips. Canada.

Thanks!

If it is not too late change this to 2 unassembled kits (no wall wart) plus 5 spare controller chips
The way you have it in your schematic isn't the same as how you have it wired up!

CrossRoads

Can do. $27 + (5 x $5.75) = $55.75.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

LarryD

Can do. $27 + (5 x $5.75) = $55.75.

$27 X 2 + (5 X $5.75) + $5(Canada) + $2(1 beer for you) = $89.75 US dollars,  Correct?
LarryD
The way you have it in your schematic isn't the same as how you have it wired up!

CrossRoads

Yes, thanks for the correction. For multiple kits, its $27 for 1st and $22 for additional, I can stuff multiple kits into 1 box. So $84.75 with the beer tip 8)

hiduino

@CrossRoads can I also get just order the parts, less the PCB?  I still have two of the PCBs I ordered previously.

CrossRoads

Sure. $27 - $4.50 = $22.50
1 set?

CrossRoads

Still accepting orders - paypal to cardinalflyer @ comcast dot net
Please indicate if you want something besides the basic board & kit.

CrossRoads

Materials for 25 CCAs ordered.

CrossRoads

Gang,
I received parts from Mouser, realized I ordered two 5V regulators,  instead of 5 and 3.3V.
Mouser doesn't have 3.3 in pinout needed, going to order from digiikey instead.
Do you see  any benefit of  one of these over  the other?
Both are sourced from 5V, with 5V-Gnd-3.3V on the pins left to right and tab at Gnd.
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/TC1262-3.3VDBTR/TC1262-3.3VDBCT-ND/669517
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/MCP1825S-3302E%2FDB/MCP1825S-3302E%2FDB-ND/1636103

Looks like my 4th LED color, blue, went out of stock before they shipped.  Rats!

Coding Badly

TC1262...
- Uses a bit less power so it's a slightly better choice for battery power.

MCP1825...
- Seems to have a slightly lower dropout voltage.
- Has "short circuit protection".  The other one has "over current protection".  From the description, it sounds like "short circuit protection" is more robust than "over current protection". 

Looks like either one would be a good choice.  I don't have a preference.

CrossRoads

Aug 23, 2013, 05:12 am Last Edit: Aug 23, 2013, 05:20 am by CrossRoads Reason: 1
Regulators & LEDs ordered.

retrolefty

TC1262...
- Uses a bit less power so it's a slightly better choice for battery power.

MCP1825...
- Seems to have a slightly lower dropout voltage.
- Has "short circuit protection".  The other one has "over current protection".  From the description, it sounds like "short circuit protection" is more robust than "over current protection". 

Looks like either one would be a good choice.  I don't have a preference.

Just marketing type word choice, short circuit protection is a subset of over current protection.

Lefty

Coding Badly

After having worked with sales & marketing folks for a large chunk of my life I should know better.

CrossRoads

Aug 27, 2013, 05:04 am Last Edit: Aug 27, 2013, 05:44 am by CrossRoads Reason: 1
All righty! 25 kits prepared, first 8 going out tomorrow, 15 or 16 are left (I think I am short 1 socket for the last one).
We assembled one to make sure my installation instructions are good. Found out order is a little important for 1 cap, other than that it went smooth. If I do this again, I will order different 0.1uF caps.
Bootloaded and installed Blink, board works as expected.
Here's pics with a couple of shields, one shows mating with the ICSP header, the other shows the cap that needs to be watched during assembly, put the headers and the cap in place before soldering any of the three and they fit fine.

Schematic, Layout, and Assembly Directions are on the website
www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

Go Up