Go Down

Topic: Arduino to play music (Read 473 times) previous topic - next topic

craynerd

Hi Guys
I`m building an arcade penny pusher game and the mechanics of it is more or less done - I`ve just got to tidy it up. I`m now planning electronics.

Can someone please tell me what I should be looking into to have audio play at various points? I`m sure an Arduino is the right way to go - I`m thinking when coins are dispenced - an additional money sound. Music playing when money is inserted... that sort of thing.

So I`m happy with the arduino sensing of when to play - I just don`t know what components for the Arduino will allow me to actually PLAY the sounds - etc. I presume as an MP3 would be best but I`m open to options!

Chris

mmcp42

MP3 shield to play the tune(s)
SD card shield to read the tunes from SD card
code to glue the two together :)
there are only 10 types of people
them that understands binary
and them that doesn't

wizdum

MP3 shield to play the tune(s)
SD card shield to read the tunes from SD card
code to glue the two together :)

The Sparkfun MP3 shield even includes an SD card reader, and a library.
"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."

Electronic props for Airsoft, paintball, and laser tag -> www.nightscapetech.com

CrossRoads

Inexpensive MP3 players available here too

Can be direct button access, or via serial commands
http://www.mdfly.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&zenid=4fa45f90a9b77694ea2f08e4ab15be37&keyword=mp3
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Go Up