Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Microduino -- Arduino in pocket -- small and stackable  (Read 658 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi All,

I'd like to introduce a new Arduino compatible board, Microduino -- a smaller Arduino, only 1.0 inch x 1.1inch. And it's stackable, every Microduino board can be stacked together through Microduino defined 27 pinout.

I designed the first version of Microduino In November 2012, . The purpose was to build a small device to monitor server room temperature remotely.  I split the Arduino-Uno circuit into two parts: the -Core circuit, functioning as MCU core, and the -FT232R circuit, communicating between PC and -Core.  I stacked the boards together and connected temperature sensor in a standard hole board – BTW, Microduino is compatible with a standard hole board.

That was the very first prototype of Microduino, a very interesting experience. sorry, my soldering skill was not that good...  share my interesting expeirence with you.

you can find more informatin in my facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Microduino

:-)

* core3.jpg (174.13 KB, 750x562 - viewed 27 times.)

* ft232r3.jpg (131.34 KB, 750x562 - viewed 20 times.)

* uno2.jpg (113.04 KB, 750x562 - viewed 20 times.)

* 老张原型机3.jpg (996.69 KB, 4752x3168 - viewed 29 times.)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 11:27:05 am by Microduino » Logged

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

I've done similar, for standalone '328s and '1284s, with more ground pins provided if one wanted to populate them:
Parts on both sides of '328, all on one side for '1284.  Off board FTDI interface added if needed

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

View Profile

Wow, it's very cool! I also designed a 1284 boards, check it here and more in attachment.
it's open source design, you can found my Microduino-Core+ source code here:
http://wiki.makermodule.com/index.php?title=Microduino-Core%2B

hope you like it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: