Go Down

Topic: Need Arduino proto-shield as Protel, P-CAD, OrCAD, PADS, AutoCAD (Read 3411 times) previous topic - next topic

Hallo All,

I am looking for an alternative to the EAGLE file. Does anyone have the Arduino proto-shield as Protel, P-CAD, OrCAD, PADS, AutoCAD file?

Thanks in advance
Markus

CrossRoads

None of those programs can import Gerber files from another source?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

The program that can't read EAGLE is "Altium Designer", here is the link to the complete list of supported file formats:
http://wiki.altium.com/display/ADOH/Importing+and+Exporting+Design+Files

Any idea how to get it imported?

CrossRoads

I think Greynomad is an altium user, PM him & see if he knows.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

48X24X48X

Diptrace can import Eagle using an ULP script.
And from Diptrace format, you can export to PCAD and Orcad.

Graynomad

Aug 16, 2013, 02:31 pm Last Edit: Aug 16, 2013, 02:34 pm by Graynomad Reason: 1
Yes I do use Altium (just replied to the PM BTW), but have not tried to import Eagle. I have had some success with Orcad schematics though.

Attached is a screen shot of the options when doing a "file>open", maybe you can spot something there that looks like a format you can export although it's probably the same as on that link

I have a blank PCB for a shield as well that doesn't have much except the main headers, if you need to start from scratch that might help.

_____
Rob 
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Rob,

I take your offer for the blank PCB for a shield. Please send me as private email.

Thanks a lot!
Markus

Graynomad

I can't see how to attach a file in a PM and don't have your email, so it's attached here.

I couldn't find a real working board design but do have a component so made a blank board from that.

Please apply a sanity test to the components locations, also it's not the R3 version, if you need that add the extra header pads.

_____
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Go Up