Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: [SOLVED]avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 (Arduino Nano r3.0  (Read 2155 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

recentrly i bought a arduino nano, next to my uno and mega,

no i get following error code:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

the uno,mega and pro mini still work fine.

what i've already tried:
reburn bootloader
update drivers
check if correct com port is in use (in my case com13 for the nano, com 4 for mini, 9 for uno and 12 for mega)
check if correct device is selected
downgrade fr232rl driver

i'm using a windows 8 64 bits as os (will try to boot in linux and try if i can get it working there but i gues the problem is with my nano)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 10:35:47 am by meerweten » Logged

View Profile

No one who can help me?
when i upload a sketch i see he d13 led blink fast a few times, then i see the rx led blin and then it goes back to its programming and not the downloading of the file

View Profile

Hi

i have the same issue. i am also running windows 8 64 bit and i think this is where our issue lies.
i have connected my nano to another computer running XP and it works fine.
Loaded the software and installed drivers in exactly the same way on both computers, XP works and windows 8 doesn't.

Don't know of a solution i'm afraid. Other than another computer running XP.

View Profile

I know this sounds really dumb, but had the same thing happen to me. Come to find out I accidently sent the board to the wrong board on tool menu when trying to view the serial monitor quickly. When I set it back to the right board everything worked.

View Profile

i'm sertain its not the settings, other nano's have been tested en they work (but they are not mine so can't use them)

In transition
I'm so confused.
View Profile

I don't think it's the 64 bit operating systems. Two of my computers are running the 32 bit version of Windoze 7. Target microcontroller is a UNO R3 (Two of them).

There's no real difference in the way that the 32 bit systems work and the way the 64 bit system works except the damage is a lot more expensive to fix on the 64 bit system.

All three get to the point where they start to download the Arduino.inf driver, and then the computer crashes. The two that have been professionally diagnosed had 'corrupted bioses'.

If it isn't worth doing right, it isn't worth doing at all.

In transition
I'm so confused.
View Profile

Above I forgot to mention, swapping the UNO R3s has no effect, either.

If it isn't worth doing right, it isn't worth doing at all.

View Profile

i just tested my nano's atmega328 using an arduino as isp and avrdude and a code i found on internet to let some leds blink
the result is that the amega accepts the code and blinks the led on d13 witouth problems (and i can change speed)

so where is my problem then?
after reburning the bootloader it didn't sync again

View Profile

I don't know if it can help you, but maybe it can give you an hint.

I had the same problem with the atmega1280, after a long time that I was fighting with the error I changed the board to atmega2560 and after two weeks (neither) the problem came.
Tonight I solved for atmega1280!
I was trying to burn the bootloader with jtagice mkii and I got this error:

Code:
Reading | ################################################## | 99% 1.98savrdude: jtagmkII_paged_load(): bad response to read memory command: RSP_ILLEGAL_MEMORY_RANGE

That is a part of:

Code:
~$ avrdude -P usb -cjtagmkII -pm1280 -b115200 -U flash:w:/home/darkcoffeelinux/Downloads/arduino-1.0.5/hardware/arduino/bootloaders/atmega/ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega1280.hex -v

avrdude: Version 5.11.1, compiled on Oct 30 2011 at 10:37:28
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "/etc/avrdude.conf"
         User configuration file is "/home/darkcoffeelinux/.avrduderc"
         User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file, skipping

Using Port                    : usb
         Using Programmer              : jtagmkII
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 115200
avrdude: usbdev_open(): Found JTAGICE mkII, serno: 00A000402680
JTAG ICE mkII sign-on message:
Communications protocol version: 1
M_MCU:
  boot-loader FW version:        255
  firmware version:              7.29
  hardware version:              1
S_MCU:
  boot-loader FW version:        255
  firmware version:              7.29
  hardware version:              1
Serial number:                   00:a0:00:40:26:80
Device ID:                       JTAGICEmkII
         AVR Part                      : ATMEGA1280
         Chip Erase delay              : 9000 us
         PAGEL                         : PD7
         BS2                           : PA0
         RESET disposition             : dedicated
         RETRY pulse                   : SCK
         serial program mode           : yes
         parallel program mode         : yes
         Timeout                       : 200
         StabDelay                     : 100
         CmdexeDelay                   : 25
         SyncLoops                     : 32
         ByteDelay                     : 0
         PollIndex                     : 3
         PollValue                     : 0x53
         Memory Detail                 :

Block Poll               Page                       Polled
           Memory Type Mode Delay Size  Indx Paged  Size   Size #Pages MinW  MaxW   ReadBack
           ----------- ---- ----- ----- ---- ------ ------ ---- ------ ----- ----- ---------
           eeprom        65    10     8    0 no       4096    8      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
           flash         65    10   256    0 yes    131072  256    512  4500  4500 0x00 0x00
           lfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
           hfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
           efuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
           lock           0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
           calibration    0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0     0     0 0x00 0x00
           signature      0     0     0    0 no          3    0      0     0     0 0x00 0x00

Programmer Type : JTAGMKII
         Description     : Atmel JTAG ICE mkII
         M_MCU hardware version: 1
         M_MCU firmware version: 7.29
         S_MCU hardware version: 1
         S_MCU firmware version: 7.29
         Serial number:          00:a0:00:40:26:80
         Vtarget         : 4.8 V
         JTAG clock      : 891.7 kHz (1.1 us)

avrdude: jtagmkII_initialize(): warning: OCDEN fuse not programmed, single-byte EEPROM updates not possible
avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9703
avrdude: safemode: lfuse reads as FF
avrdude: safemode: hfuse reads as 9A
avrdude: safemode: efuse reads as FD
avrdude: NOTE: FLASH memory has been specified, an erase cycle will be performed
         To disable this feature, specify the -D option.
avrdude: erasing chip
avrdude: jtagmkII_initialize(): warning: OCDEN fuse not programmed, single-byte EEPROM updates not possible
avrdude: reading input file "/home/darkcoffeelinux/Downloads/arduino-1.0.5/hardware/arduino/bootloaders/atmega/ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega1280.hex"
avrdude: input file /home/darkcoffeelinux/Downloads/arduino-1.0.5/hardware/arduino/bootloaders/atmega/ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega1280.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
avrdude: writing flash (130838 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 4.23s

avrdude: 130838 bytes of flash written
avrdude: verifying flash memory against /home/darkcoffeelinux/Downloads/arduino-1.0.5/hardware/arduino/bootloaders/atmega/ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega1280.hex:
avrdude: load data flash data from input file /home/darkcoffeelinux/Downloads/arduino-1.0.5/hardware/arduino/bootloaders/atmega/ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega1280.hex:
avrdude: input file /home/darkcoffeelinux/Downloads/arduino-1.0.5/hardware/arduino/bootloaders/atmega/ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega1280.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
avrdude: input file /home/darkcoffeelinux/Downloads/arduino-1.0.5/hardware/arduino/bootloaders/atmega/ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega1280.hex contains 130838 bytes
avrdude: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ################################################## | 99% 1.98savrdude: jtagmkII_paged_load(): bad response to read memory command: RSP_ILLEGAL_MEMORY_RANGE
Reading | ################################################## | 100% 4.09s

avrdude: verifying ...
avrdude: 130838 bytes of flash verified

avrdude: safemode: lfuse reads as FF
avrdude: safemode: hfuse reads as 9A
avrdude: safemode: efuse reads as FD
avrdude: safemode: Fuses OK

avrdude done.  Thank you.

Searching in internet I understood that is avrdude.conf the problem.
In realty, i don't know what was the exactly solution, but I can say that mess with the avrdude.conf and I tried to upload the blink example with arduino IDE 1.0.5 in ubuntu 10.0.4

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again: but already it was impossible to say which was which.

View Profile

after a long search i finely found a working solution:
i rolled back the ftdi driver to  the previuos version (standard versionh for windows smiley-cool the .28 and not the .30
so it seems that my nano contains a ft232 replica,
but wxhat i don't get is why i couldn't load a sketch wit another ft232 breakout (homemade) that works fine with my pro mini?

View Profile

after a long search i finely found a working solution:
i rolled back the ftdi driver to  the previuos version (standard versionh for windows smiley-cool the .28 and not the .30
so it seems that my nano contains a ft232 replica,
but wxhat i don't get is why i couldn't load a sketch wit another ft232 breakout (homemade) that works fine with my pro mini?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: