Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino Mega 2560 and HacroCam  (Read 2379 times)
Crestline, CA
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

That's what the original code was supposed to change first and foremost in order to do the image processing, but for whatever reason the site's tutorial and the guy I was getting help from gave me the wrong code. The only thing I can think of as to why it no longer works is that maybe the HacroCam began using a different microprocessor version that had changed how its registers are modified.

Anyway, now that that's figured out I need to work through the problem of being able to fully communicate between my HacroCam and Mega over I2C. Again, everything looks like it should work exactly as shown on their tutorial, without extra modifications, but it just doesn't. Based on the fact that communication works perfectly when I don't make any changes to the HacroCam's firmware and that the only changes to the firmware are to modify a single register (and only one bit is changed there), the addition of four functions, and the addition of a line that calls the first function, I'm wondering if the register change is the problem again.

View Profile

I didn't follow what problems you have with the cam and the MEGA. But as stated my cam didn't work either when I connected it to the mega. It worked with the Uno. Still didn't have time to cross check with the Uno again.
I'll try it in the next days.

Crestline, CA
View Profile

I appreciate your help. Just make sure you connect pins 4 and 5 from the HacroCam to pins 20 and 21, respectively, on the Mega since the Mega's SDA and SCL pins are not the same as with the Uno.

Styria
View Profile

Hello all

I have bought the camera circuit from hacromatic too.
But the downloadpage is down and so I cannot get the Software for it.

Do somebody of you have the Software and can post it?

THX Martin

(3xKnock + Penny)*3 = Sheldon

View Profile

Hi,

I don't have the software. But I uploaded a custom/enhanced version of the most important a part of it in this topic:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?PHPSESSID=9etnterkc1vvmfnb22fgjlctj7&topic=141081.msg1062759#msg1062759

Regards,
Robert

Global Moderator
Netherlands
Shannon Member
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, however in practice there are many...
View Profile

But the downloadpage is down and so I cannot get the Software for it.
Do somebody of you have the Software and can post it?
I posted the SW here - http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=207903.msg1528748#msg1528748 -

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Styria
View Profile

Thank you all for your help.

That helps me a lot.
I will try the software as soon as I can.

Greets Martin

(3xKnock + Penny)*3 = Sheldon

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: