Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Can Arduino output 20kHz PWM with varying duty cycle?  (Read 2564 times)
France
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Not directly I understand what your saying, the timers have the required resolution so as not to introduce nasty harmonics due to stepping when the mod index is changed, the issue comes from execution times 32 bit uC are well adapted to do the advanced maths thats needed in minimum times many have dedicated FPU's to do this

Clock speeds are much faster so the hardware works much quicker, one day when I have spare time I do plan on trying to do SVM with an AVR it would be possible I am sure but its a definite challenge, at 17us per ADC conversion it will be open loop V/Hz control thats for sure

The question I have, is it possible to have 3 phase timer generation with arduino due ?

I mean here, not with interrupt but really with low level register set up to get very low jitter.

It seems not possible with arduino mega besides the fact we need more CPU to deal with computing the sensor values then update upon a specific control law the timers.

But the power rating of the machine thats controlled is irrelevant to the processor, its the hardware (inverter)that has to be man enough to run the machine surely thats a different discussion all together? or did I misunderstand??

Yes of course, all the projects we do have 3KV isolated or isolation barrier between the arduino TTL outputs and the power driver igbt and power diodes.  Maybe take a look on our open source eagle file http://www.tantratron.tk these special topologies are more performant than IR21834 because fully gate drive isolate, we're using for each igbt or mosfet an IL610, a RK-0515S and MCP1403

What modulation strategy did you use? what strategy would you like to use?

I'm considering to start with a classic 3 phases, so far i'm using a single frequency generator feeding a 3 phase demux built with 74HC's gate but would prefer arduin to generate the 3 PWM rails.

Albert

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: