Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Info about the WiFi?  (Read 15124 times)
Camisano Vicentino (VI), Italy
God Member
ƎR like no other.
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello everybody,
I'd like to know something more about the WiFi that will be available because for a project of mine i need to use a WiFi shield..
is it like most of public WiFis that need username and password? do you think that i will have some problem with the WiFi shield?
thanks smiley-wink

Riccardo Ertolupi of the Vicenza Thunders Team: http://www.VicenzaThunders.com

Austin, TX
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

Most public WiFi use a HTML/HTTP based login.  That might be difficult to code.

If the public WiFi is using WEP or WPA, then it should be straightforward to make it work.

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

Camisano Vicentino (VI), Italy
God Member
ƎR like no other.
View Profile

i've never tried to connect to my wifi shield to a net like that, that's why i wanted to know more about it...

If the public WiFi is using WEP or WPA, then it should be straightforward to make it work.
yes i've no problem with WEP or WPA

Riccardo Ertolupi of the Vicenza Thunders Team: http://www.VicenzaThunders.com

Austin, TX
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

i've never tried to connect to my wifi shield to a net like that, that's why i wanted to know more about it...
The WiFi shield is irrelevant.  It doesn't have magic code that understands all the different ways someone could write an HTML login page.  That's going to be up to you.

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

[url=http://www.maconochie-art.com/australia-fitch-men-shirts-6][b]Abercrombie Perth[/b][/url]
View Profile

The Arduino WiFi Shield connects your Arduino to the internet wirelessly. Connect it to your wireless network by following a few simple instructions to start controlling your world through the internet.[1] As always with Arduino, every element of the platform – hardware, software and documentation – is freely available and open-source. This means you can learn exactly how it's made and use its design as the starting point for your own circuits.   Requires and Arduino board (not included)   Operating voltage 5V (supplied from the Arduino Board)   Connection via: 802.11b/g networks   Encryption types: WEP and WPA2 Persoanl   Connection with Arduino on SPI port   on-board micro SD slot   ICSP headers   FTDI connection for serial debugging of WiFi shield   Mini-USB for updating WiFi shield firmware.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: