Go Down

Topic: 20x4 LCD2004 I2C LCD Showing 2 solid lines (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

groundfungus

Nick Gammon

123Splat

Back to the poster's issue:  Contrast setting?  The 16,2 setting works on 20,4 displays, just only lights up rows 1 & 3, instead of 1&2, or 1,2,3&4....
"solid lines" sounds like he's only getting solid character blocks, with all bits at the same contrast level (whether on or off).

Cactusface

Hi,
       Yes I've had the contrast problems. long ago when I was new to LCD's as 123 says it impossible to know what DOTS are on or off.
I am new to the Arduino and C so am struggling myself. I too want to try the i2c way with LCD's!  Just seen this on ebay and it looks like the answer: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181193639379?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

Earlier this year I was playing with PIcaxe's and a not very good basic, still have a long way to go, but if you don't try you never know!  I don't see that defining the LCD as a 16x2 when it's a 20x4 would cause any problems! other then the text not being in the right place? Whereever that might be!!

Regards
Mel.
Open your mind! But not too far, your brains might fall out.
Also like Photography, model building and my 300+ Cacti and Succs.

Go Up