Go Down

Topic: 2yoa21 sharp range finder returning values of 280-300 not responding. (Read 628 times) previous topic - next topic

samhallett

Hello I recently got my 2yoa21 sharp IR range finder but so far have been unable to return any accurate readings.I have tried many different bits of code , although all amount to the same. I have followed this tutorial to the letter ( i think) http://communityofrobots.com/tutorial/kawal/how-use-sharp-ir-sensor-arduino. and yet in My serial monitor I see a string of numbers varying between 280 and 300 ish regardless of objects being moved toward or away from the sensor. I have also checked my A0 pin on my leonardo with a potentiometer and it is working fine , does any one have any clues as to what the issue could be.

One explanation could be my wiring: the three wires coming from my range finder are respectively wound round the ends of three jumper wires (but not soldered) which I then insert into the various ports.

here is the code from the tutorial

Code: [Select]
int sensorpin = 0;                 // analog pin used to connect the sharp sensor
int val = 0;                 // variable to store the values from sensor(initially zero)

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);               // starts the serial monitor
}

void loop()
{
  val = analogRead(sensorpin);       // reads the value of the sharp sensor
  Serial.println(val);            // prints the value of the sensor to the serial monitor
  delay(300);                    // wait for this much time before printing next value
}

cheers

sam

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy