I am very grateful that you have opened this post, and considered helping me!
I recently bought a robotic development platform, and the documentation that came along were for the old version of the kit!
The new version has new motors with encoders. The hardware i then bought does not work with what i bought... The firm i bought it from is located in china, therefore i will try you guys, to see if you have a solution...
The motor wiring is as follows:
(1) BLACK = negative -
(2) RED = positive +
(3) YELLOW = Hall sensor Vcc
(4) GREEN = Hall sensor Gnd
(5) BLUE = Hall sensor A vout
(6) ORANGE = Hall sensor B vout
My hardware is as follows:
(1) Motors http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=DC%20motor&product_id=777#.Uho44fmnozB
(2) Microcontroller http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=romeo&product_id=844#.Uho5TfmnozA
(3) Motor controller http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=2a%20motor%20controller&product_id=66#.Uho5fvmnozA
(4) Power source is 12v 7a car battery
I have wired the positive and negative from both motors to my 2A motor controller, and i think the Gnd and Vcc from the motors are Gnd on microcontroller and 5v on microcontroller???
What is wire 5 and 6, and do i need to purchase more hardware???
And how do i control the motor controller? If you look at the link, it has several pins on it that is meant to be connected to the microcontroller.