Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Is bossac checking the CIDR of the arduino DUE  (Read 553 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of designing an arduino due compatible board, but with an atsam3x8c instead of the atsam3x8e (100pins instead of 144).
I discovered that the hw sam-ba bootloader has a neat command to check the microcontroller's Chip Identifier register (CIDR).
Obviously, the atsam3x8c has a different CIDR than the atsam3x8e... but is Arduino's bossac checking it?
The command line launching it has no parameters specifiying the platform used...

Thanks!

Venezuela
God Member
Ground, ground, always ground
View Profile

Hello kingmail,
Bossac is not only a boot-loader tool for the SAM3X8E but supports all of Atmel's known flash-based SAM devices. I believe bossac checks automatically the CIDR of the MCU. Just try:

bossac.exe --port=COM1 -U true -i

I used comm. port 1 as an example. Remember to change to your current COM port.
Also change to 'false' if your are connecting to the USB-to-TTL serial chip.

You should program your sam3x8c using bossac in the same way you do it for Arduino Due.
Anyway, I have a 3x8c system at home and I can try some tests tonight.

Regards!

EDIT:
<< Do not use the Arduino IDE to compile/program your SAM3X8C based board at least you have the variant files redefined for the 100-pin package of SAM3X8c. I am not sure about the uart interface settings but may be you will need to redefine them too.
I would recommend you to use Atmel Studio 6.1 where you can create bare minimum project templates for the SAM3X8C which will automatically generates the 100-in/out pins and other utily files. Just let me know where you are in your project (stage).
You can always count with the at91 Atmel tech support team after generate a ticket. >>
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:03:49 pm by Palliser » Logged

View Profile

Hello Palliser,

Unfortunately I don't have any board to test it on (that's why I'm asking here).... could you try for me?

Thanks!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: