Go Down

Topic: Connecting two arduinos to the arduino software ? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Hello,

(I am new to this forum)

I have two arduino's connected to my mac with two usb cables.
I want one sketch to connect to the first arduino, and another to connect to the second one. And I would like to open a serial monitor for each arduino (simultaneously). Is this possible ?

Whenever I select a usb interface, it connects both sketch to this interface (instead of only one)
Whenever I open a serial monitor, it automatically closes the existing serial monitor. It seems impossible to open two serial monitors.

Is the arduino software meant to be used with only one arduino at a time ?

Thank you for any help.

paul

Grumpy_Mike

I want one sketch to connect to the first arduino, and another to connect to the second one. And I would like to open a serial monitor for each arduino (simultaneously). Is this possible ?

No itis not possible.
To do this you have to use another terminal program so it can open a separate USB port.

kowalski

Hello,

(I am new to this forum)

I have two arduino's connected to my mac with two usb cables.

Whenever I select a usb interface, it connects both sketch to this interface (instead of only one)
Whenever I open a serial monitor, it automatically closes the existing serial monitor. It seems impossible to open two serial monitors.

Is the arduino software meant to be used with only one arduino at a time ?

Thank you for any help.

paul

Hi Paul! Welcome!

I do this all the time ;-). It isn't possible from when running a single Arduino IDE but it is not a problem to start several Arduino IDE's and connect them to different COM ports. I work mostly on Linux and need to test network protocols etc. Then this comes in handy.

Cheers!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy