Go Down

Topic: L298N motor driver output voltage (Read 423 times) previous topic - next topic

kyrpav

I have a breakout board with  L298N.I am use input voltage at 24Volt. I am trying to move 2 Dc motors simultaneously. I use 100% duty cycle but i do not get 24 for each channel. I get 12Volts. I seems like it divides the voltage.When i go to 50% duty cycle for one of the 2 motors i get 12 and 5Volts and if one of the 2 motors stop and the second runs on 50% duty cycle it get 18Volts.

Do you know if this is normal.Is L298N normally dividing the output voltage if there are 2 motors on the board?Or this should not happen so i have to search for the problem somewhere else.

Maybe the voltage source cannot support enough current to the motors, so the voltage drops , Please mention the Motor's Power and Voltage source's rated current.
If it was a battery you'll find it written as : (12V7AH/20HR) something like that so please post it back so i can help you.

MarkT

Measure your 24V supply under full load - is it still 24V ?
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy