Go Down

Topic: How to read Serial that my Ultrasonic Puts out? (Read 352 times) previous topic - next topic

retegic

Hey all,
   I have been toying around with an ultrasonic sensor I got a few months ago. The sensor can send Serial,  Analog Voltage and Analog Envelope. The past weeks I have been using the Analog values it sends out and is working fine up to 200cm (Datasheet, Maximum:765cm). So my next idea is to go the Serial route, I have been looking online for quite a while now and can't seem to find anything that could help me with reading the serial it puts out. I would really like to know how to read serial for this project and for upcoming projects.

Things about the ultrasonic serial:

Outputs delivers asynchronous serial with RS232 format , except voltages are 0-Vcc.

Baud:9600

8 bits

No Parity

Has one stop bit.

Starts With ASCII "R" followed by three ASCII characters to represent the range in centimeters up to maximum 765.

MB7078 Datasheet: http://www.maxbotix.com/documents/MB7068-MB7078_Datasheet.pdf

I would appreciate if anyone could help me a little or provide a helpful link/tutorial or even an example code that I could look through.
Thank you so much!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy