Go Down

Topic: 3-pin linear FSR (Read 678 times) previous topic - next topic

Hail forum
anyone know how to wire a 3-pin linear-FSR, so that it functions like a normal 2-pin FSR? 3 pins are Vref/gnd/+5v.

Thanks
Brendan

Grumpy_Mike

Jul 14, 2010, 02:04 pm Last Edit: Jul 14, 2010, 02:06 pm by Grumpy_Mike Reason: 1
Assuming a FSR is a force sensing resistor then just connect the centre pin to one end to use lit like a two pin one.
However that is a bit of a waste because 3 pin ones are so much better. The far ends to + and ground with the centre (Vref) to the analogue input.
It would if you posted a link to the data sheet so we could see exactly what it is.

Jul 14, 2010, 10:58 pm Last Edit: Jul 14, 2010, 10:59 pm by jjcomet Reason: 1
I don't have the data sheets i'm afraid, but the 3 pins are used as follows for linear response: +5v to +5v; gnd to gnd, Vref to +5v via 1M resistor; i really just need confirmation that i can use it as a 'normal' 2-pin FSR by using only +5v and gnd, and leave Vref unused. I know, could just buy a 2-pin FSR, but the form-factor of the linear FSR suits my needs and budget

Grumpy_Mike

I don't have the data sheets i'm afraid,

Without a data sheet there is no way of knowing, do you have a link to where you got it from or any model number. FSR returns a lot of not relevant stuff on Google.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy