Go Down

Topic: 3-pin linear FSR (Read 652 times) previous topic - next topic

brendan mccloskey

Hail forum
anyone know how to wire a 3-pin linear-FSR, so that it functions like a normal 2-pin FSR? 3 pins are Vref/gnd/+5v.

Thanks
Brendan

Grumpy_Mike

Jul 14, 2010, 02:04 pm Last Edit: Jul 14, 2010, 02:06 pm by Grumpy_Mike Reason: 1
Assuming a FSR is a force sensing resistor then just connect the centre pin to one end to use lit like a two pin one.
However that is a bit of a waste because 3 pin ones are so much better. The far ends to + and ground with the centre (Vref) to the analogue input.
It would if you posted a link to the data sheet so we could see exactly what it is.

brendan mccloskey

Jul 14, 2010, 10:58 pm Last Edit: Jul 14, 2010, 10:59 pm by jjcomet Reason: 1
I don't have the data sheets i'm afraid, but the 3 pins are used as follows for linear response: +5v to +5v; gnd to gnd, Vref to +5v via 1M resistor; i really just need confirmation that i can use it as a 'normal' 2-pin FSR by using only +5v and gnd, and leave Vref unused. I know, could just buy a 2-pin FSR, but the form-factor of the linear FSR suits my needs and budget

Grumpy_Mike

I don't have the data sheets i'm afraid,

Without a data sheet there is no way of knowing, do you have a link to where you got it from or any model number. FSR returns a lot of not relevant stuff on Google.

Go Up