Go Down

Topic: timer for lights (Read 213 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi all, I am looking to set up a system that turns a light on at a specific time. In total there are five individual lights which would all be turned on at different times but each no more then three times a day for each light.

I have some electronic experience but have never used an arduino board. Would this project be something that is feasible for an arduino board as I do want to learn about them and wanted a practical application to learn around

Any advice gratefully received

Simon

Jack Christensen

Absolutely feasible and probably a good learning project as it could be done in phases. I'd probably want a real-time clock, so that might be the first thing to figure out. Initial development could be done with LEDs, and if the intended lights are mains-powered, then a later phase could introduce the necessary relays or solid-state control devices. If the five lights are not physically close enough to be directly connected to the controller, then some sort of radio link could be a later phase.

Should be fun. Welcome to the forum!
MCP79411/12 RTC ... "One Million Ohms" ATtiny kit ... available at http://www.tindie.com/stores/JChristensen/

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy