Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Curses upon mailbox thieves  (Read 2235 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Build a dropbox.
Fairly cheap and easy if you can weld.
For ideas look at old bank nightsafes or clothing recycling type banks.

Edit
And use an arduino for the codelock to open it.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 03:04:02 pm by Boardburner2 » Logged

Central Indiana, USA
So many projects, so little time...and money!
View Profile

If you know about the time your mail is delivered, I'd take a day and sit out and watch the box.  Maybe have a blind of some sort set up so they don't see you.  Make sure you have a camera with a telephoto lens or binoculars and a pen and paper so you can write down their license plate number.  Then you call the cops and let them do their work.

DE
God Member
| Germany | NRW |
View Profile

In our house also post & packages where stolen - and i put alittle wireless cam in my postbox (inside the house) which watches everything in an angle of nearly 180 degrees through a only 1 mm hole. was really cheap, about 30 bucks or so.

Then i put an urgent looking small package (from a sending before) in it on 8:30 a.m. (post comes between 9:30 and 10:00)
After the post has passed it took only 6 minutes and the package (a litlle bit was shows from out the PoBox to make it easy  smiley-evil ) was gone, but i saw who it was.

So, i "spoke" with the guy - and what shall i say: it's about 3 years ago and since that "conversation" the problem is solved.

And if you really know the person that gets your post:
hey man, you are living in the US  smiley-draw
Get a gun and GOTCHA  smiley-twist - might be legal in your country  smiley-mr-green

Dum spiro, spero - if you find my posting helpful, please click my Karma smiley
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do you know A.R.T

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Faraday Member
I learn a bit every time I visit the forum.
View Profile

Not even in Florida but maybe Iowa since they just made (or are making it) it legal for blind people to carry in public.

Examples can be found in your IDE.

Maine
Caution: Explosives in use.
View Profile

Not even in Florida but maybe Iowa since they just made (or are making it) it legal for blind people to carry in public.

Thats an interesting problem. You can't deny someone their rights due to their disability, so they are legally allowed to open carry like everyone else. I can't imagine there's that many blind people buying guns though.

"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."

Electronic props for Airsoft, paintball, and laser tag -> www.nightscapetech.com

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Faraday Member
View Profile

Just people who shoot without really looking, or as poorly as if they don't.

Summer time here in da hood there are occasional 12-20+ shot fire exchanges with only property or the occasional bystander getting hit.

You don't want to know how the woods are in hunting season. Oh wait, you get the vacation nuts up your way, don't you? Are there any deer left?

Maine
Caution: Explosives in use.
View Profile

Just people who shoot without really looking, or as poorly as if they don't.

Summer time here in da hood there are occasional 12-20+ shot fire exchanges with only property or the occasional bystander getting hit.

You don't want to know how the woods are in hunting season. Oh wait, you get the vacation nuts up your way, don't you? Are there any deer left?

I've never really heard of tourists coming up here to hunt, maybe we have a law against it or something. The deer population is doing quite well, based on the looks of (whats left of) my garden. There used to be a lot of shooting going on in the field across from my house, but they put in an ATV trail there so people can't shoot anymore.

I can't imagine people shooting off guns in a populated area, are they not aware of Newton's first law?
sort of NSFW language:

"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."

Electronic props for Airsoft, paintball, and laser tag -> www.nightscapetech.com

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Faraday Member
View Profile

Is all the hunting done in Aroostook county? I thought not, am I wrong? What about the coyotes?

The shooting that goes on here is in anger or business or some form of celebration like New Years and the 4th or a major sports win. Much of it is done by people whom 2nd amendment advocates want guns to defend themselves against. It's just occasionally that kind of place here but been more peaceful and quiet at night this year.
There's worse neighborhoods around here, gang controlled where having a rival gang's color on your clothes can get you corrected.

Central Indiana, USA
So many projects, so little time...and money!
View Profile

So I know it's only been 2 weeks since your original post, but have you come up with a plan?  Ordered any parts or anything yet?  Best of luck!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: