Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Due with Relay Shield  (Read 507 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

All,

Great Forum!! 

I have a Uno-R3 (w/ Wi-Fi and Relay Shield) for my little project.  I would like to get a Due, but seems that Wi-Fi library is not yet ready (I can use Ethernet Shield for now). 

However, I am not sure whether there is any Relay Shield works w/ Due.  I have this 4-channel Relay Shield: (http://www.amazon.com/4-Channel-Relay-Shield-for-Arduino/dp/B007JOEVNW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1378770573&sr=8-5&keywords=Arduino+Relay), and it works perfectly with Uno-R3.   I am mainly concerned about the 3.3V vs. 5V..   If you can share your (any) Relay Shield experience with Due, greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I have that relay shield.  Judging from the schematic, there are no 5V outputs from the shield connected to Due I/O pins, so it should be safe.  The inputs are optically isolated, so that will protect the Due from any voltage spikes coming from the relays.  Just don't plug any 5V devices into the 7-pin wireless SIP socket, as those outputs would connect to Due pins.

I'll have a closer look when I get home tonight and let you know if I see any problems.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: