Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: It's 1982 and you need a MicroController :D  (Read 1319 times)
Johannesburg UTC+2
Faraday Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

In 1974 I had a 370 and then in 1982 when I worked on CP/M systems I got myself a Micro-professor. I left it in the office when I went on annual leave and it got stolen: I'm still pissed off about that, 30 years later.

Have you looked for answers in the Learning, Reference, Products and Playground tabs on http://arduino.cc/en/ ?
Look here http://electronicsclub.info/ for basic electronics

Global Moderator
Brattain Member
View Profile

Nick, I wrote a paper-tape Motorola format loader for that very evaluation board in my second year as well as a model train controller, and one of my final year projects was a message switching network of four of them.

Oh, cool. You were lucky to have four of them!

Here is another RAM board I had to solder together myself:

And this is the UVEPROM that held the assembler that I had to write in hex machine code:

God Member
View Profile

"thoooooose were theeeee days..... my friends, we thought they'd neeeever end....."   smiley-lol

SF Bay Area (USA)
Tesla Member
Strongly opinionated, but not official!
View Profile

When Intel released the 8085 in 1977, there were some accompanying support chips like the 8155 (RAM with IO ports) and 8755 that made possible a very compact (~3 chips, 40pins each) single board computer (and there was a reference design for this in the databook.)  Unfortunately, none of those chips was inexpensive or easy to obtain; I don't think that board particularly "caught on."

NSW Australia
Edison Member
View Profile

Here is another RAM board I had to solder together myself:

Oooh!  I recognised that format!  Motorola Exorciser.

1980s - Digital Systems Lab UNSW - three boards fabricated; CPU (sparsely populated; 6809), BBRAM up to 64K, floppy controller.  "G CD03"

Did a complete re-write of FLEX09 from disassembly, as well as porting a BASIC09 to true 6809 and enhancing the code for the 6809 "Serge" VDU.  If I could get the CPU board working again it just might be possible to recover the data from the (720K) floppies.  Sad.

I really wish I had not "loaned" my 1978, 768 byte SC/MP home-grown 5" cubic micro with the hex keyboard and displays but no ROM, to some fellow hoping to get him interested in such things.  I don't think he was, and it got lost.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: