Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Control Led Strip (not-RGB)  (Read 1063 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello, I bought an Green Led Strip (http://www.ebay.com/itm/380609657046?var=650086344707&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649)

Do you guys have any idea on how I can control the individual lights on it?

Sweden
View Profile

You can't.. These strips don't have any control chip on them.. It's just a bunch of leds connected in parallel..

View Profile

I thought all of these led strips had chips so they were all compatible with an controller(for led strips)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5M-RGB-SMD-3528-300LED-Strip-Light-Waterproof-24Key-Remote-Control-2A-Power-/331007439187?pt=AU_Lighting_Fans&var=&hash=item4d1194b153
Will this then be able to be controlled with individual lights?

NSW Australia
Faraday Member
View Profile

Neither of those strips has any form of individual control over LEDs.  A clue is that they operate from 12V and that they have a cut point every three LEDs as they are in fact groups of three LEDs in series with a resistor for each group.

You may also be misled by some of the pictures in the second link showing alternating colours along the strip.  Closer inspection reveals that those strips consist of LEDs of alternating single colours placed along the strip so that the colours are still fixed.  The controller allows you to choose and vary/ sequence the colour for the entire strip at once.

Valencia, Spain
Faraday Member
View Profile

I see somewhere that the DMX controller can program to control each LED.

Nope. At best it can dim them.

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: