Go Down

Topic: Looking for 320x240 reflective LCD (Read 777 times) previous topic - next topic

nico765

Hello,

I am looking for a 320x240 reflective LCD to be able to display data in bright light. I am aware of the Kent Display but I am not really convinced by the 2sec screen update timings. I'd display large digits with updates every 0.5secs.

Regards,

Nico

nico765

What i am trying to do is to 'replicate' this http://www.velocitek.com/products/SC-1 .

Ran Talbott

It seems like you don't really need 320x240 resolution:  that display is mostly just 7-segment digits.

You can get old Palm III-vintage PDAs cheap, and they have 160x160 screens that are good in bright light.  You can use an app like PalmOrb (either as-is, or customizing it,  since it's open-source) to turn it into a serial LCD.

nico765

any ideas on where I could get such 7-segment digits? I mean reflective ones?

Ran Talbott

any ideas on where I could get such 7-segment digits?

You should be able to find raw displays through regular vendors like Mouser or Digi-key,  or from surplus sellers,  but they usually don't have modules with driver circuits (except for digital voltmeters).  It'd be easier,  and quite possibly cheaper,  to buy a used PDA like the Palm that's considered "obsolete" than to make a circuit with drivers.  Plus you can do fun stuff like a graphic compass display by writing code for the Palm.

(I just remembered an exception: I did see one module on ebay that I'd bookmarked.  Haven't bought one, though, so I don't know how good it is.)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy