Go Down

Topic: How much 23k256 ram i can connect? (Read 785 times) previous topic - next topic

As title, how much of this ram i can control with arduino?, as much as arduino pins(less ram pins)?

Sep 16, 2013, 06:27 pm Last Edit: Sep 16, 2013, 07:25 pm by oric_dan Reason: 1
You should be able to add chips as long as you have a pin available for chip-select. However, I haven't specifically tried multiple chips. I don't know if there is a practical limit to the #of chips one can tie onto the SPI pins. Each chip will add a certain amount of capacitive loading on the lines.

You might better look at the 23LC1024 chips = 128KB, plus they work at both 3.3 and 5V. The 23K256 only works at Vcc=3.3V, and you need level-shifters to connect to a 5V arduino.

I have another question, if i use 2 ram and i connect them using same bus, i need to use CS pin to select chip, but i need HOLD pin too? Why?

I always connect the Hold pin to 5V (Vcc). And, as I recall, Wp normally floats (no connection) on the SRAM chips. So, just sck,do,di, and CS connect to Arduino.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131