Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Small IDE improvement idea (auto reopen serial mon)  (Read 1544 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I'd really appreciate the option of having the serial monitor reopen automatically after it closes due to uploading a sketch.

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

I'd really appreciate the option of having the serial monitor reopen automatically after it closes due to uploading a sketch.
But not enough, apparently, to search to see that this has been requested more than once.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

But not enough, apparently, to search to see that this has been requested more than once.
Sorry to have "wasted" your time eliciting a response. Maybe, seeing has how it still has not been implemented, another request might change their mind. I can't think of any good reason, not did I read of any good reason it's not an option. Have a nice evening!

God Member
View Profile

I can't think of any good reason, not did I read of any good reason it's not an option. Have a nice evening!

User "eried" has actually developed a tweaked version of the standard IDE that includes this option, as well as addressing a number of other common minor annoyances. Check this thread out (has a download link as well):

forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=118440

(If you like it, don't forget to send him a Pepsi!)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 08:59:11 pm by pico » Logged

WiFi shields/Yun too expensive? Embeddedcoolness.com is now selling the RFXduino nRF24L01+ <-> TCP/IP Linux gateway: Simpler, more affordable, and even more powerful wireless Internet connectivity for *all* your Arduino projects! (nRF24L01+ shield and dev board kits available too.)

Arduino rocks
View Profile

User "eried" has actually developed a tweaked version of the standard IDE that includes this option, as well as addressing a number of other common minor annoyances. Check this thread out (has a download link as well):

forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=118440

(If you like it, don't forget to send him a Pepsi!)

After a quick read it looks quite interesting, thanks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: