Go Down

Topic: Possible to buy Rover 5 geared motors separately? (Read 528 times) previous topic - next topic

LilAbner

I'm wondering if, were I to buy a Rover 5 chassis with only two motors and encoders, would I be able to buy two more motors (and their gearboxes, with or without encoders) separately, later on, to upgrade it to a four-motor chassis?

With the treads, two motors is probably all it needs, one for each side. But I understand the treads can be removed, and ordinary RC car wheels put on. Then it would be handy to have 4-sheel-drive, especially if each separate wheel were independently controlled by the microcontroller.

These gearmotors might also be handy for building a robot arm.

Anybody know if the geared motors for the Rover 5, can be bought separately? With or without encoders? Where?
I wish Arduinos had existed when *I* was in high school... but the Intel 4004 had just been invented then.

Bajdi

The Rover 5 is made by Dagu, a Chinese company. Why not contact them? http://www.dagurobot.com/
One of their employees posts on the letsmakerobots.com forums under the nickname OddBot. Could ask there also.
www.bajdi.com

LilAbner

I wish Arduinos had existed when *I* was in high school... but the Intel 4004 had just been invented then.

roter45

I have a Dagu rover 5 with two motors.

I want to upgrade it. Have you got extra motor for you Dagu Rover 5? Where you buy it ?

Thanks very much
Visit my blog and leave some comments
controlrobotics.rodrigomompo.com

Johnboy888

Just buy the four motor version, and remove two motors/gearboxes :-)

That's what I did !

Cheers,
John

roter45

But this solution it's a bit expensive for me, with 17 years old. You only have Christmas for upgrading your setup.
Visit my blog and leave some comments
controlrobotics.rodrigomompo.com

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy