Hi, we (me and my freinds) are building a quadcopter at school in a subject called "Teknologi og forskningslære" which basicly means thecnology and learning about science.
We have found some of the information needed online, but have problem finding all the information we need. Also it is very hard to find what parts we should use.
Here is a list of all the parts we have found.
Servo engine (Full rotation)
- Operating voltage 4.8-6.0 VDC
- Top operating speed 60-70 RPM
- Website: http://www.robonor.no/mage/default/catalog/product/view/id/21/s/servofull/category/104/
- 5.6 x 0.8 x 0.4 cm
- Name: QR Ladybird-Z-01 Propellers
- Website: http://www.rcbutikken.no/produkter/walkera-qr-ladybird/qr-ladybird-z-01-propellers.aspx
Arduino (x2)(1 for controller and 1 for quadcopter)
- Arduino Uno
Joystick shield kit (for arduino controller)
- Website: http://shop.ehobby.no/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_22&products_id=468
So what we are going to do is to build a quadcopter and a controller for the quadcopter. We need several items that we have not found yet.
First of all we need a battery. We have seen several different types of batteries, but we do not know what is needed and what is overkill. Adviceses on this would be fine. Also we wondered if we needed a motorshield to connect the motors to the arduino. In that case advices would be appreciated. We also need a gyro and a accelometer, but do not have any idea for what we need. Also we wonder if a speed controller for the motors is needed.
Lastly we have to get som kind of sheild or card to connect to the arduino for wireless conection.
So all advices would be helping us very much, just bear in mind that since this is a school project the budjet is no extremely high so if it is possible to keep the price down on the parts adviced it would be great.
Thank you for reading this and helping us out.