Go Down

Topic: Has anyone tried the "Ultrasonic Smart Car Kit" from HobbyKing? (Read 3319 times) previous topic - next topic

zoomkat

Where can I find them, how do I load them?

I think recent versions of windows either has the FTDI drivers installed, or automatically can find them.
Google forum search: Use Google Advanced Search and use Http://forum.arduino.cc/index in the "site or domain:" box.

LilAbner

Where can I find them, how do I load them?

I think recent versions of windows either has the FTDI drivers installed, or automatically can find them.

Right now my desktop PC (Windows 7) can talk to the Arduino Uno board and program it just fine. But it can't talk to the Duemilanove board.

If I load these FTDI drivers, I take it I will be able to talk to the Duemilanove board. But will I still be able to talk to the Uno board too?

Or will I only be able to talk to the Duemilanove, but NOT the Uno?

Would I have to keep switching drivers back and forth, to talk to each different board?
I wish Arduinos had existed when *I* was in high school... but the Intel 4004 had just been invented then.

oric_dan

z-k is right. The FTDI drivers are included in the IDE, actually in 2 places in the v.1.0.5 directory, namely \FTDI-2.08.24 and also in \drivers\FTDI USB Drivers\. I don't know the difference. I also don't know anything at all about using the IDE under Win7. There should be some way to link up the drivers with the Duemilanove board if it's not already been done.

When I go to the Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager with WinXP, and plug in the Duemilanove board, then the Ports (COM & LPT) line pops up and shows the FTDI port on COM12 (# will vary). When I unplug the board, this line goes away. Get that to work first. Info should be somewheres on the Arduino installation page.

o_lampe

The arduino IDE can talk to both boards, if you tell it, which board is currently adapted.
Check out the IDE tab "Tools > board" and "Tools > programmer ".

You can drive curves, when you change the code for the ENA and ENB outputs from "digitalWrite" to " analogWrite". Check the reference for further details.
Don't become to familiar with the "delay" command, it makes your project difficult. ( e.g. scanning the environment while driving)
Better use the millis() option to do something for a certain time.
It's not my fault when my Posts are full of Errors. This stupid autocorrection from my browser is set up for german grammar.

Go Up