Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: join our geek community !  (Read 6208 times)
Edison Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Why would you sign up?
Do you know who they are? Where they are? Who is the group of "professionals" who will evaluate whether they actually allow you to join them? What are their professions? What will they do with your email address?  Etc., etc.

Pete

Where are the Nick Gammons of yesteryear?

Louisiana, USA
View Profile

Why would you sign up?
Do you know who they are? Where they are? Who is the group of "professionals" who will evaluate whether they actually allow you to join them? What are their professions? What will they do with your email address?  Etc., etc.

Pete

Pete, in the original post - he stated they are 'mind hackers'.  That leads me to believe they are probably a team of brain surgeons, but I will grant you it is possible they are psychologists.  That's why I wanted to clarify before I sign up.  Surely we should be able to trust a doctor with our email, wouldn't you think?

Edison Member
View Profile

From the phrase "mind hackers" you assume they are brain surgeons or, at worst, psychologists?
How do you know they are even out of grade school?

Pete

Where are the Nick Gammons of yesteryear?

Miers 46500 France
EmbeddedAT .. From Concept to Prototype to Production
View Profile

Come come now everyone.

I suggest that we ALL join up and then when we are accepted we can stage a coup and take over the world with their mind controlling device.

Where is everyones sense of adventure.

Dr Evil

Electronics and firmware design and project mentoring

View Profile

We are not psychologists and brain surgeons ! We are information technology and electronics enthusiasts, who have gathered years of experience and many successful completed software and hardware projects. Your email will be kept safe and will be used only for communication with us - you can opt out anytime as there is an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email we send for confirmation.

As said previously, we are aiming to build a private group of well-skilled individuals in software & hardware development, everyday life & diy hacking (imagine what instructables and lifehacker do). Everything will be adopted and adjusted by the community, for the community. There no commercial plans or fees for now (really!) and you can leave the group whenever you like.

I know it's hard to trust, but isn't it as every community or startup seems at first? Think about evernote, facebook, linkedin and others how do they looked when they started !

Miers 46500 France
View Profile

I know it's hard to trust, but isn't it as every community or startup seems at first? Think about evernote, facebook, linkedin and others how do they looked when they started !

Transparent mostly and not clouded in mystery.

TBH you do make it sound like some kind of secrete society with membership screening etc .. Should I roll one trouser leg up now and done a funny hat or wait for your approval.

View Profile

Transparent mostly and not clouded in mystery.

TBH you do make it sound like some kind of secrete society with membership screening etc .. Should I roll one trouser leg up now and done a funny hat or wait for your approval.

no offence here... We didn't deny that mystery is a part of it!  

Member screening processes exist in all communities that are really serious and have a high level of quality. In public and famous social networks/forums, everybody's in and quality is hard to achieve. That's our challenge. And we're not disappointed by the amount of participations so far.

Take a moment to think ads in the supermarket: If you don't like it, then no one forces you to buy it. But let others do their own judgement.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 06:18:00 pm by hyp3rkyd » Logged

Miers 46500 France
View Profile

Take a moment to think ads in the supermarket: If you don't like it, then no one forces you to buy it. But let others do their own judgement.

Hmm now let me think how that might read ....

Must have New Product  !!!
What does it do   :  Its a mystery
What is it for         :  Its a mystery
Why do i need it  :  Its a mystery

This is beginning to sound like the plot to an episode of Scoobie Doo

Fire up the Mystery Bus I'm rolling into town.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 10:24:59 am by Bainesbunch » Logged

Southeast US
God Member
View Profile

It could be a group of Brain Surgeons AND Psychologists?  Doesn't have to be an or.

However secret societies on the internet make me giggle.  And you don't want me to do that.  Its creepy.

Bonus points to anyone who makes it in and posts what they are trying to do.  Extra bonus points if it is world domination.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: