I am going to develop an I/O shield to interface with 24V pneumatic valves and proximity sensors.
Basically the shield will have the following characteristics:
- 16 or 32 24V relay output to drive solenoids (around 100mA)
- 16 inputs : Driven at 24V for proximity sensors
- Serial/USB conversion using an AVR32 UC3 uC: used to program the arduino/act as an arduino
- bidirectional RS485/RS422 port to remotely control other PLCs
- Option to control it directly from an Android device through either Wifi or Bluetooth
- Basic user interface with knobs and LEDS. (Don't know if a LCD interface is needed)
Power supply will need to be able to support 5 amps current. We will avoid SMPS as they don't like high current at startup time.
Basically, it will be used to replace a COMFILE module and it will be used to drive a robot connected to a molding machine.
The robot is already in use, controlled by the COMFILE module, but we want to replace it by an arduino.
I would like to have your feedback about the specs and to know how many people could be interested.