Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Samsung AC remote  (Read 564 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi,

I am trying to switch on/off a Samsung AC through Arduino. I looked at Ken Shirriff's library (not yet used it) but could not find anything specific to Samsung.

Please advise how I can proceed with controlling the Samsung air conditioner. Is there a library available for controlling Samsung air conditioners? Is there a separate IR configuration I have to use for Samsung - like a specific IR light, a pair of IRs, etc.

Tesla Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Does the remote have separate on/off buttons? You can jumper a remote button with a transistor.

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   smiley-cool

View Profile

Does the remote have separate on/off buttons? You can jumper a remote button with a transistor.

No, there is only one button to do both. To jumper the button with transistor, as in opening the remote and hooking the circuit directly with Arduino? Thought of reserving this as a last option as I have not done anything like this before  smiley-sad. I will give this a try if this would be the only possible solution.

View Profile

http://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/IR-RemoteControl

View Profile

Is that not a generic one (Sony protocol?)? The Samsung remote I have has two IR LEDs, so trying to find out if there is a library/config setup example that I can try to go in the right direction.

Krupa

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: