Go Down

Topic: Arduino MotorShield and 30V motors (Read 725 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi all  :)

I need to use arduino to commande 2 motors, and read data from an accelerometer and a gyroscope. So the Arduino MotorShield (http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoMotorShieldR3) seems to be perfect for that.

But i have to use 30V motors, and the motorShield limit seems to be 18V.
As the L298 used on the motorShield work with 48V motors, is there a way to use 30V motors on the motorShield ?
Or is possible to make some little changes on it to make it work ? (which one ?)

If not, is there another card compatible with arduino that I can use to do what I need ?

Thanks a lot for your help

joe mcd

You should give some info about the motors.  A 30V motor usually is a higher power motor.  What are the current requirements?  What are the motor driving?

Hi joe mcd

they are DC motors using 1A each.

That's all I know about it  :smiley-red:

Referring to the Arduino Motorshield schematic diagram, you could supply 12Vdc to the card and connect you 30 V DC motors and see if they are powered enought for their duty.

Note: I am using an L298 with 30 VDC driving a stepper motor 1,2 Nm and works very well.

Hi joe mcd

they are DC motors using 1A each.

That's all I know about it  :smiley-red:

1A no-load,
1A under load
1A stall current?
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131