Arduino Mega ADK strorage on USB memorystick.

Hello,

I have an Arduino Mega ADK and I wonder if I can store logged data on a USB memorystick plugged in the USB host connector.

Is there any library or software available?

I am very new in programming.

Thanks for your help.

RuRu

I have an Arduino Mega ADK and I wonder if I can store logged data on a USB memorystick plugged in the USB host connector.

I am very new in programming.

These two statements do not go together. The data could be logged to a memory stick IF you write the driver for doing so. Writing USB drivers is not trivial.

Thanks for your reply. Writing drivers for USB is indeed not trivial. That is probably why I cannot find a lot of information in my research on the internet.

Maybe my question was not clear enough.

I have basic skills of C++ and Java but I am not capable of writing a driver out of the blue. That is why I address my question to this forum.

The idea is that I can store a few analogue measurements in a file on a USB stick so that I can read the values in Excel for calculation and graphical representation on my Win8 PC.

Most data logging solutions that I find on the internet work with SD memorycards. As I have an Arduino Mega ADK I would like to use the free (host ?) USB input to connect a USB memory stick without using an extra shield.

The measuring part and calculations is almost ready. I am only looking for a solution to store the values on a USB stick via the available USB port on the ADK board.

Can anyone help me with that?

As I have an Arduino Mega ADK I would like to use the free (host ?) USB input to connect a USB memory stick without using an extra shield.

Free, huh? TANSTAAFL.

Dear Mr. or Mrs. PaulS,

With free I mean that the USB input is unoccupied.
To be honest, your answers do not help me a lot and sound like very negative to me.

Maybe there are some other poeple out there who can help me with some more intelligent answers.

Thanks

With free I mean that the USB input is unoccupied.

OK. I was thinking free as in no-cost.

To be honest, your answers do not help me a lot and sound like very negative to me.

Realistic, not negative.

What you are expecting is that someone else has already written the driver you need, and is willing to give it away. The people at circuitsathome.com are at the forefront of using USB Host shields with Arduinos. If anyone has a driver, I think they would. Of course, since you googled, I'm sure you are already aware of the circuitsathome people and their products.

Thank you. I think you have pionted me in the right direction.

To my knowledge the majority of the Arduino fans are using software that has been written by sombody else and adapt it to their needs. But is that not the spirit of the Open Software Foundation or am I thinking wrong about this?

Anyway, I appreciate your help. Thanks.

Indeed circuitsathome does have code that will read/write to a USB memory stick. The USB Host Shield libraries will do it with the Mega ADK, but you will need to tweak it a bit to write the analog input data to a file first.

c