Go Down

Topic: Can't Change direction of Stepper Motor with pololu a4988 driver (Read 904 times) previous topic - next topic

gyrofan

Hey guys

i am having an issue switching direction of a motor with a buttonpress. im generally new to arduino, but i have some basic concepts, like pulsing the motor to get it to run. i have a pololu a4988 driver and a nema 17 motor. i have been able to get the motor to run continuously in one direction, but i cant get it to change directions. i tried googling around, but i couldnt find anything helpful / anything i could wrap my head around. here is my sketch.

Code: [Select]

int spd = 100;
int dir = 7;
int stp = 8;
int buttonPin = 2;
int buttonState;

void setup() { 

pinMode(dir, OUTPUT);   
  pinMode(stp, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(buttonPin, INPUT);   
}

void loop() {
  buttonState = digitalRead(buttonPin);

if (buttonState == true ){

digitalWrite(dir, LOW);
    digitalWrite(stp, HIGH);
    delayMicroseconds(spd); 
    digitalWrite(stp, LOW);
    delayMicroseconds(spd);
  }
  if (buttonState == false ){

digitalWrite(dir, HIGH); 
    digitalWrite(stp, HIGH);
    delayMicroseconds(spd); 
    digitalWrite(stp, LOW);
    delayMicroseconds(spd);
  }
}

Thanks!

gyrofan

Alright, well i guess it was the fact that it wasnt outputting to the right pin...... it was 11 not 10....  :smiley-eek-blue:

i had a sketch before where i verified things like 20 times.... but i guess in those cases it was probably something else.

like i said. newbie.

MarkT

Alright, well i guess it was the fact that it wasnt outputting to the right pin...... it was 11 not 10....  :smiley-eek-blue:

Your posted sketch only uses pins 2, 7 and 8, not 10
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy