Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: PLEASE HELP! URGENT DEADLINE!  (Read 4205 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I would like the data to be displayed on the lcd. Also I have recently discovered Arduino and therefore had decided to build this project. I have ordered my arduino and is in the post so I dont have nothing done apart from purchasing the hardware. Is there any sketches/libraries that I can use to complete this project. Or would someone be able to make and send it to me?

View Profile

Ok I just got my arduino and my sainsmart LCD with keypad shield. My phone can power the arduino and the password feature is not necessary anymore. Is it possible for someone to make me a sketch where once it is connected to my phone a timed message "123abc" for 30 seconds will appear and then another timed message "welcome" for 10 seconds straight after will appear. Once both timed messages have been shown the data will then be shown "123456789" and when the 'select' button on the keypad shield is clicked the data "123456789" is deleted and the next set of data "abcdefghi" is displayed.

Texas
Edison Member
View Profile

Glad you received your arduino.
If you go to the gigs section and offer money, you may be able to find someone to do your programming for you. You have still not explained what/why you want this, and why the urgent deadline?

Good luck, Jack

View Profile

How are payments made for the gigs and collaborations? Its for a part of my project that I am making, hopefully if successful I would be able to start the business that I had hoped for. After discovering arduino I can now make huge savings and also be able to complete a huge part of the project.

View Profile

Ok I just got my arduino and my sainsmart LCD with keypad shield. My phone can power the arduino and the password feature is not necessary anymore. Is it possible for someone to make me a sketch where once it is connected to my phone an uninterrupted timed message "123abc" for 30 seconds will appear and then another uninterrupted timed message "welcome" for 10 seconds straight after will appear. Once both timed messages have been shown the data will then be shown "123456789" and when the 'select' button on the keypad shield is clicked the data "123456789" is deleted and the next set of data "abcdefghi" is displayed. I would also like the other buttons to be null.

Queens, New York
Faraday Member
"Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most" -Ozzy Osbourne
View Profile

Instead of going to Gigs and Collaborations, why not just learn the code yourself. This way if you ever want to add anything to it, you'll know how.

This is not a working sketch, this just shows you some of the functions you will need to learn how to use.
Code:
lcd.begin(16, 2); // defines the type of LCD you have
lcd.clear(); // clears the entire screen
lcd.setCursor( column, row ); // this set the starting point of where the data should go, which column and which row.
lcd.print( "Your data here" );

switch( lcd.button() )
{
  case KEYPAD_UP:
  // Do something if key press is UP key
  break;

case KEYPAD_DOWN:
  // Do something if key press is DOWN key
  break;

case KEYPAD_SELECT:
  // Do something if key press is SELECT key, like clear the screen
  break;

// Do the same for left and right.

default:
// default is for when no key is pressed or KEYPAD_NONE
}

Timers:
You can use the obvious delay( some time here );  NOTE: This is in milliseconds so for instance, 10 seconds = 10000, 5 seconds = 5000... This also blocks you from doing anything else until the delay is done.
OR you can use the proper timing method and learn how the Blink Without Delay code works.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 12:46:38 pm by HazardsMind » Logged

Created Libraries:
NPV2 (NewPasswordV2),  TFT_Extension, OneWireKeypad, SerialServo.
Will provide libraries if asked in PM or forum.

View Profile

Hey thanks alot!!!!  smiley smiley I've figured out how to do the timed messages and it works.

This is how my sketch is looking so far!

#include <LiquidCrystal.h>

LiquidCrystal lcd(8, 9, 4, 5, 6, 7);

void setup() {
  lcd.begin(16, 2);
  lcd.print("123abc");
delay (30000);
lcd.clear();
lcd.begin(16, 2);
lcd.print("Welcome");
delay (15000);

void loop() {
  lcd.noDisplay();
  delay(500);
  lcd.display();
  delay(500);
}

I've fiddled around with the whole button code and tried adding the data "123456789" and "abdefghi" but still cant figure it out how to make the button permanently delete "123456789" and move on to "abcdefghi".  smiley-confuse

Queens, New York
Faraday Member
View Profile

Close enough. lcd.begin does not need to be in there twice, the first one is fine. To get the buttons to work, you need to look at the GuessTheNumber sketch that came with the library. Keep at it.

Created Libraries:

View Profile

ok what am I looking for in guess the number?

Queens, New York
Faraday Member
View Profile

It has a better way to show how to get the key and use it but, the Key_Grab sketch, is ok too.

Created Libraries:

View Profile

I've fiddled around numerous times and have tried countless times to try and get it right but have had no success. So far I have managed to power the arduino from my phone, complete the timed messages at the beginning but am having no luck in making my select button a delete button that moves on to the next set of data. My sketch is still looking the same, all ive got to do next is just make the delete and next button one button the select button. And also is it possible to link the arduino to microsoft database where the sets of data will be stored??

Queens, New York
Faraday Member
View Profile

Look at the addresses, and what each one contains.

* image1.png (53.56 KB, 1152x648 - viewed 38 times.)

* image2.png (36.77 KB, 1152x648 - viewed 41 times.)

Created Libraries:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: