Go Down

Topic: project 12 - knock lock: problem piezo read pulse of the servo (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Hi everybody,

when i do a knock piezo read correctly a value, it's ok.
but i have a problem with piezo and servo. when the servo is locked, il pulses randomly short mouvment that generate signal in the piezo and make a knock.
also if i force manually a mouvement to the servo, that generate signal to piezo.
i do the same circuit in the kit book.

an idea of what hapens ?

A reply several years later.

I am experiencing the same. Movement of the servo sends a back current that registers as piezo signals. Jiggle the servo arm and that's enough to open the lock. Here is a video showing the issue...

Ideas for how to fix this?

I had the same problem on this project. servo is making interferences that are readed as knocks and open the lock.

Servo buzz can come from two thing:

peak impulse when starting the servo, solution is putting an electrolytic capacitor, at least 100 uF, directly across the power supply to the servo.
I tried it and it didn't change anything.

second solution: "cheap servos don't know how to stay at the limits of their movement very well, which can cause the buzzing/shaking you're mentioning. However, if you just limit their range to 10~170 degrees, the issue will be fixed."
I did it and it worked!

So the servo bundled in the arduino starting shouldn't be used at limit positions.

all credit to http://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/77502/is-there-a-way-to-stop-servos-from-shaking where I found thoses answers

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131