Go Down

Topic: Arduino Fio with Programmer (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

otacon239

The Fio, as is, has the USB on board for charging the LiPo connector that is also on board. I didn't really need this functionality, as I was planning on just charging the LiPo battery when I was home with a USB charger anyway. I also didn't need the XBee headers for any particular need in my project. I already have the board as it was close enough to my needs, but I was wondering if it was possible to do the following:

Could you make or modify an Arduino to have a USB programmer, LiPo connector and a LiPo charging circuit. A few ways I thought this might work... Option A: You have a switch on board to swap between programming the board and charging the LiPo. Option B: A circuit that somehow splits the power from USB to both charge the LiPo and have the ability to program the board at the same time.

In either case, I only need digital pins 3-11 and 13, some with PWM. No analog input. I understand that this would most likely mean I would have to design my own PCB, but I'm wondering if either options are even possible before I start going into all that work. If I didn't clarify something well enough, as this is kind of complicated, let me know and I can elaborate on certain points.

Bonus: I was thinking I might also incorporate a LiPo Fuel Gauge using surface-mount LEDs and a pushbutton, but I don't know if something along the circuitry would prevent that.

The SODAQ board has these features.

Please click here http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/386717175/sodaq-a-lego-like-plug-in-rapid-prototyping-board

TheKitty

You might look at the Adafruit FLORA also.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy