Go Down

Topic: Arduino Due and HC05 bluetooth module... parsing serial data... Blueterm??? (Read 819 times) previous topic - next topic

Mubase

Hi all. I am slowly getting to grips with my Arduino Due. I want to use it for its DAC for audio synthesis.
At the moment I am trying to get an HC05 generic bluetooth module to work with it so I can  use processing for Android to program a GUI interface that will send commands to the Arduino. For a start I want to be able to turn pins on and off on the DUE via bluetooth. I have the Processing4Android ketai library.
Can anyone help me with parsing information through bluetooth? For instance, sending a '1' character through a serial terminal like blueterm to turn a pin on on the DUE. I know how to set up the BT module but not to send data to it.....

Any help seriously appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve.
Smooberry Dooberry.

Mubase

:D Well after a few hours of trying several ways to turn an LED on or off via a bluetooth terminal on my Android with the BT module connected up to the tablet & the Arduino I found out how to do it but there were problems..
I managed to be able to send text from Android to Arduino Serial monitor and vice versa but no luck with turning pins on & off...
After a little web searching I found out that serial port 0 is also used in the USB configuration debug so changing the Serial port used from 0 to 2 I can now control the pins from Android and turn LEDs on and off.
A simple program involves opening a serial port and when serial data is available, reading the incoming data and using if statements to turn the pins on or off. There is a nice project here:http://www.instructables.com/id/Andruino-A-Simple-2-Way-Bluetooth-based-Android-C/?ALLSTEPS that I have now got working.
I changed all Serial commands to Serial2 commands though.....Now to get my teeth into the Ketai library..  ;)
Smooberry Dooberry.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy