Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: GSMSMS Read example error compiling  (Read 2109 times)
philippines
I love God
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello!
I am receiving an error during compilation of the sample sketch "ReadSMS" in arduino reference site.

In file included from C:\Users\Engr Posadas\Desktop\arduino-1.0.4\libraries\GSM/GSM3ShieldV1ModemCore.h:39,
                 from C:\Users\Engr Posadas\Desktop\arduino-1.0.4\libraries\GSM/GSM3ShieldV1AccessProvider.h:38,
                 from C:\Users\Engr Posadas\Desktop\arduino-1.0.4\libraries\GSM/GSM.h:45,
                 from sketch_oct09a.ino:1:
C:\Users\Engr Posadas\Desktop\arduino-1.0.4\libraries\GSM/GSM3ShieldV1BaseProvider.h:57: error: section attribute not allowed for 'str'
In file included from C:\Users\Engr Posadas\Desktop\arduino-1.0.4\libraries\GSM/GSM3ShieldV1AccessProvider.h:38,
                 from C:\Users\Engr Posadas\Desktop\arduino-1.0.4\libraries\GSM/GSM.h:45,
                 from sketch_oct09a.ino:1:
C:\Users\Engr Posadas\Desktop\arduino-1.0.4\libraries\GSM/GSM3ShieldV1ModemCore.h:170: error: section attribute not allowed for 'str'
C:\Users\Engr Posadas\Desktop\arduino-1.0.4\libraries\GSM/GSM3ShieldV1ModemCore.h:189: error: section attribute not allowed for 'str'

That's what I'm getting when I try to copy and paste the codes from here: http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/GSMSMSRead?action=sourceblock&num=1
to my Arduino IDE v1.0.4

And when I tried to verify such codes to my Arduino IDE v1.0.5 it works. Then I plugged my arduino and click UPLOAD, it gave me the error above.
Now there is a GSM SHIELD library available here: https://code.google.com/p/gsm-shield-arduino/downloads/list
I extracted the library into my arduino (Both 1.0.4 and 1.0.5), it gave me error again.
And take note that first, I deleted the original GSM library folder in both of my arduino IDEs and pasted the GSM shield.
Second, I pasted the GSM SHIELD library and GSM original library inside the libraries folder of the both Arduino IDEs.

I was just planning to get a string from any new text message that my arduino will receive.
I was researching for many hours now.  smiley-sweat help.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
-mt

philippines
I love God
View Profile

Update: I have an arduino (original) due and gizduino (E-gizmo Philippines) version of arduino. when I select any arduino boards and compile the sample, it goes fine. But when I choose a gizduino board, it outputs the error I have given above. :'(

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
-mt

philippines
I love God
View Profile

hello, I've started another topic here: http://forum.arduino.cc//index.php?topic=192436.0
After I found out that the error in compiling a sample GSM receive sketch( from Arduino IDE) is caused by choosing a non-arduino boards in the board option of the IDE.
I can compile and upload any sample sketches but not the GSM sample sketches.
I have an original arduino due board and I am using my friend's Gizduino (it is a e-gizmo electronic shop philippines arduino version).

1. if I select any arduino boards, such as arduino UNO, and select any comp port(this doesn't matter anyway), and then open a GSM receive sketch, click compile......wait a few seconds...the IDE returns a fine result... done compiling!

2. If I select a non arduino board (note that I can burn/upload any sketches but not the GSM as I've mentioned already) it always give me an error even when I'm just compiling first the code.!

I'm really upset because of this. I'm tired, I've been fixing this for 10 hours or more. I swear, I was checking my codes again and again and later I realized that it is caused by a bootloader/board issue. I don't have my original arduino due right now and I can't finish this project my professor wants me to do.

-mt

Valencia, Spain
Faraday Member
View Profile

2. If I select a non arduino board it always give me an error even when I'm just compiling first the code.!

What's the error....?

We're not psychic.

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Please don't crosspost glenn_boy13.

What is a gizduino?

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

philippines
I love God
View Profile

2. If I select a non arduino board it always give me an error even when I'm just compiling first the code.!

What's the error....?

We're not psychic.

Error given above! @_@

@xroads: sorry sir. I just thought that more people would reply and help me to solve my case in microcontroller thread since the issue is not all about the gsm library.

gizduino is basically our local arduino. It is like a sanguino. My version of gizduino has an atmega644p surface mount mcu.
I can really program other codes to my gizduino, but not the gsm samples. :3

-mt

View Profile

You need to patch yout Arduino IDE to work with your gizduino.
Download the patch here.
http://www.aybydromero.com/gizDuinoPatch-1.0.4.zip
You can follow Instructions here on how to patch your IDE.
http://e-gizmo.blogspot.com/2013/03/patch-files-to-add-gizduino-in-arduino.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: