Go Down

Topic: Quick Help about ReceiveSMS code (Read 930 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi, I have a case here that I can't really solve.

Code: [Select]
      notConnected = false;
      Serial.println("Not connected");

This code I know is for the connection of my sim to its network.
I can't realy connect. the arduino is stucked in here: if(gsmAccess.begin(PINNUMBER)==GSM_READY)
so these are the steps I have taken in order for me to make sure that my GSM shield is working and it has a signal.

1. I have burned another program using another gsm shield library. and it works! But I really need the codes from the sample sketches since it has a code something like this: while(Serial.available > 0)...lalala.
2. whenever I call the sim card in my shield using another cell phone, it rings. therefore it has a signal. And then the serial monitor will display "not connected.".
3. I have tried two different sim cards from different networks.
4. I am 100% sure that the default pin of those two sim cards are "1234". I've check it using my nokia phone.
5. I tried putting 1234 in the #define pin already.
6. I tried leaving the #define pin blank.

so tell me what is wrong? :(
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Are you using GSM Shield from e-gizmo?
If yes, that builtin library of Arduino IDE will not work, I don't know why, I tried that many times but not working, I think that library is for Arduino GSM Shield only.

Are you using SIM900 gsm module?
The library that flawlessly work for me is came from this http://www.gsmlib.org/

What Pin# are you using to connect gsm shield to arduino?
I think Arduino can't talk to you gsm shield.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131