Go Down

Topic: Can't Get My Motor and Driver Set Up Again (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Asa Herring

Oct 15, 2013, 06:03 am Last Edit: Oct 15, 2013, 06:04 am by Asa Herring Reason: 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HljKA6N88uc&feature=youtu.be

I bought a couple of A4983
http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/1202
replacement boards and hooked one up to my 1205
http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/1205
motor. I had this running quite well a few months ago when I last had it all set up. I can't get it to run right. I don't know what I have done wrong.

The motor runs smoothly but slowly and it won't stop. I tried different sets of code and get the same results. I set the for loop to only run 10 steps. I added different delays but they are ignored. I thought that the Arduino wasn't getting updated so I took out the code void loop except for one integer. The motor reacted by not running and locking up like I thought that it would. When I put the write code back in, it runs as before.

What can I do to fix this?

This is one of the sets of code that I used.
Code: [Select]
   #define stepPin 42
   #define dirPin 44
   #define enablePin 46

void setup()
   {
     // We set the enable pin to be an output
     pinMode(enablePin, OUTPUT);
     // then we set it HIGH so that the board is disabled until we
     // get into a known state.
     digitalWrite(enablePin, HIGH);
     Serial.begin(9600);
     Serial.println("Starting stepper exerciser.");
     pinMode(stepPin, OUTPUT);
     pinMode(dirPin, OUTPUT);
   }

void loop()
   {
   int j;
   digitalWrite(enablePin, LOW);
   delayMicroseconds(2);
   digitalWrite(dirPin, HIGH);

for(j=0; j<=10; j++)
     {
      digitalWrite(stepPin, LOW);
      delayMicroseconds(2);
      digitalWrite(stepPin, HIGH);
      delayMicroseconds(1000);
      Serial.println(j);
     }
     digitalWrite(enablePin, HIGH);
     delayMicroseconds(10000);
     //delay(3000);
     //while(j==10000)
     Serial.println(j);
     Serial.println("Loop");
}
I have an Arduino Mega 2560. I also have a (pH) BNC Sensor Shield,an I2C/SPI/Onewire Shield(I beleive that it an on board clock.)and a Breakout Board Shield, all three are from Andrew Oke. Additionally, I have a Stepping Motor but could certainly buy a Servo Motor instead if it is any better for what I want to do, short term/long term. Trying to read the lable, I guess that it is: Type 57BYG. 12 V/Phase, 20ohm, 0-6A/Phase 1.8 Deg/Step, No. 04052 with a K179 Stepper Driver board attached. I can't confirm that the board is fully funtional

Chagrin

You only have 10 milliseconds of delay (delayMicroseconds(10000);) between each of your loops of 10 steps.

What are your Serial.prints showing?

Asa Herring

Oct 17, 2013, 03:29 pm Last Edit: Oct 17, 2013, 08:47 pm by Asa Herring Reason: 1
Thank you for responding. I tried different time periods and posted the wrong one.

I believe that I found the problem. I think that I have a problem with my pin 44 on the Arduino. When I move the three pin connector from 42, 44 and 46 to 32, 34, and 36, it runs just like before. It also works 43, 45 and 47.

Thanks again.
I have an Arduino Mega 2560. I also have a (pH) BNC Sensor Shield,an I2C/SPI/Onewire Shield(I beleive that it an on board clock.)and a Breakout Board Shield, all three are from Andrew Oke. Additionally, I have a Stepping Motor but could certainly buy a Servo Motor instead if it is any better for what I want to do, short term/long term. Trying to read the lable, I guess that it is: Type 57BYG. 12 V/Phase, 20ohm, 0-6A/Phase 1.8 Deg/Step, No. 04052 with a K179 Stepper Driver board attached. I can't confirm that the board is fully funtional

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy