Go Down

Topic: USB Sensor data hacking (Read 745 times) previous topic - next topic

James_OS

Hi all,

I am new to the forums and I hope I am posting in the right place. I am trying to access the data from a USB sensor I am trying to have the data from the device be displayed in a LCD instead of having the device connected to a pc, which means replace the pc with an Arduino, I have the proper commands and through the pc's serial console it works fine but when I have the Arduino send the same command nothing happens, I thought it was because the UNO does not work as a usb host so I got a Due but the same result.

This is my code for the UNO:

#include <LiquidCrystal.h>

LiquidCrystal lcd(12, 11, 5, 4, 3, 2);
int Resetbutton = 13;     // the number of the input pin for resetbutton
int buttonstate = 0;      // the current state of the resetbutton
int response = 0;

void setup()
{
 Serial.begin(9600);
 lcd.begin(16, 2);
 pinMode(9, OUTPUT);
 pinMode(Resetbutton, INPUT);
 digitalWrite(8, HIGH); //Pin 8 for reset need to set it HIGH immediately on boot
 pinMode(8,OUTPUT);
 lcd.setCursor(0,0);
 lcd.print("Starting...");
}

void loop()
{
if(Serial.available())
 {
 digitalWrite(9, HIGH);
 Serial.println("GET");
 delay(1000);
 lcd.clear();
 response = Serial.read();
 lcd.setCursor(0,1);
 lcd.print(response);
 delay(1500);
 lcd.setCursor(0,0);
 lcd.print(response);
 }
else
 {
 lcd.clear();
 lcd.print("Error No Serial");
 }
}

The due uses the same code except that I replace the Serial for SerialUSB, I ended up with the Error no Serial custom message which makes me wonder if the serial is actually being properly opened, the command is sent on a Loop indefinitely to constantly refresh the LCD screen, I tried connecting the UNO to the DUE by having the UNO send the word "TEST" anytime a Serial connection (via usb connection not the TX/RX) is present to test if the problem was with the usb device but still no results, any idea is appreciated. BTW I am using the native usb port on the due.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy