LCD Display Project

Hi,

I have an LCD display (multiplexed) with 4 coms and 14 outputs for segments.

The display itself has 6 digits, 3 dots + 5 characters, total 50 segments. The display also has 4 button functions, up, down, backlight and set. I've figured that I need 6 wires for button functions out of the 8 that are onboard as some are common.

What I would like to do is have exact two way communication between the display and Arduino. Basically, I need to read from the display coms and segs and somehow connect to Arduino inputs, then serial data into a custom software. The GUI will read and write as if I was operating the display physically.

I'm looking for a way, and with the lowest pin count, to interface with arduino and make this happen.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, greatly appreciated,

What do you mean by "4 coms"? There is nothing on the your diagram which shows the meaning of "4 coms" or the function of any of the pins.

There's no way anyone can help without some appropriate information. A part number for the LCD display would be a good start.

gm1mfn,

Coms on a multiplexed display mean commons.

The chart I provided is also a common chart supplied with displays of this nature.

I gave more than enough information on this meter for someone with knowledge to respond with an answer to my questions.

Thanks

You're welcome.

I gave more than enough information on this meter for someone with knowledge to respond with an answer to my questions.

No you didn't. You didn't even mention anything about a 'meter'.

Also, the common and the segment pins on a display are inputs, not outputs. The voltages on those pins are coming from the circuitry that is driving the display, not from the display itself.

Don