Go Down

Topic: GPS guided arduino help and advice (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Hello everyone i was wondering which gps module/ kit would be good for making a gps guided robot.? i want to make a robot capable of navigating from point a to point b by itself but there seems to be a lot of modules for sale.
so far i have found:

The best way to judge a module is to see which chipset it uses and look for
chipset reviews.  One of those units definitely claims to have a backup battery,
which is definitely worth having (acquisition times faster from cold).

Sometimes you need an external antenna, that's an important factor.

Sometimes you want fast update, modules can be 1 update/sec, 5 update/sec, 10 update/sec,
typically, so check that spec.

But basically they should all be interchangeable if them speak standard NMEA sentences
(watch out for 3.3V v. 5V issue though).
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Thanks for your reply. i will definitely look into that.  :smiley-yell: Have you come across a tutorial about gps robots you highly recommend?
Thank you

What sort of robot did you have in mind ?

The main problems with using GPS for experimental robots are (a)  it doesn't work well indoors   and (b)   the random errors in position calculations of roughly 2-3 metres create a lot of practical difficulting in using GPS for small-scale and low speed applications.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131