Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Ethernet shield with libraries EtherCard or Ethernet  (Read 441 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Have got an Ethernet shield in form of a kit to mount  from Velleman.. so I guess it is a compatible one...
It works though when trying examples but only when using library EtherCard ...and , as soon as I use
library Ethernet , my router is not recognising the shield at all ...what is the problem ?

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

Have got an Ethernet shield in form of a kit to mount  from Velleman
A link would be useful.

It works though when trying examples but only when using library EtherCard
That suggests that it is the ENCJxxxx version.

as soon as I use library Ethernet , my router is not recognising the shield at all ...what is the problem ?
The Ethernet library is only compatible with the W5100 and W5200 ethernet chips.

View Profile

If Ethercard works with your shield it uses an ENC28J60 chip. If you want to use the Ethernet-API you might want to try my library: https://github.com/ntruchsess/arduino_uip
It provides the Server, Client and UDP-interfaces as the Ethernet-library comming with the IDE does for W5x00-shields, but for ENC28J60. It runs the Ethernet-examples you find in the IDE by replacing the include 'Ethernet.h' by 'UIPEthernet.h'

Or you get a W5x00-based shield (as the original Arduino-shields are). This option has the advantage of not using as much flash as the ENC28J60-based version does.

- Norbert

View Profile

OK guys , a million thanks ...!!! The UIP library  made  a miracle  smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: