Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: current detector with led power on  (Read 387 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi to all !

I have this 3 pole filter in my receiver's last stage. I want to put a led, so when the current is passing through my circuit the led will light on. I need this because my transmitter a lot of time, don't work fine, so i don't know if there any signal going to my receiver.
It is a way to check it.

Any ideas for cheap consuption ?http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a578/fovos1/Circuit_zpsb91f9e29.png

Valencia, Spain
Faraday Member
View Profile

Current passing through a wire creates a magnetic field. You can measure it with something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=current+sensor+module

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

View Profile

Thanks for your help! But, this is so huge for my devices. I need some electronics schematic //maybe with some BJT/FET some resistors and a led

Valencia, Spain
Faraday Member
View Profile

Thanks for your help! But, this is so huge for my devices. I need some electronics schematic //maybe with some BJT/FET some resistors and a led

In that case you probably want something like this where you pass your wire through it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230991057211

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

View Profile

That's is so cool man!! really! but i believe i can do it more simply  smiley-yell

Valencia, Spain
Faraday Member
View Profile

That's is so cool man!! really! but i believe i can do it more simply  smiley-yell

You might need a different diameter/rating ... but simpler than that?  smiley-confuse

View Profile

yes it is simple.but is cost more that some led and bjt and also it need some weeks to come to my country (Greece). I need to prepare something at this week bro smiley-confuse smiley-cool

Valencia, Spain
Faraday Member
View Profile

yes it is simple.but is cost more that some led and bjt and also it need some weeks to come to my country (Greece). I need to prepare something at this week bro smiley-confuse smiley-cool

If all you need is on/off (not measure accurate values) then maybe you can just wrap a coil of wire around your cable. Ground one end, measure the voltage on the other end. That's basically all those sensors are.

nb. Be sure to put a resistor between the coil and the Arduino pin.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

How many turns is needed?

Valencia, Spain
Faraday Member
View Profile

How many turns is needed?

Depends on the strength of your magnetic field.

Edison Member
View Profile

You give no details about the transmitter, but you might try a neon bulb. Just connect it to the output with a series resistor. If the RF gets above 50V it will light. a simple high impedance detector probe might work, too.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: