Go Down

Topic: DS1629 (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

serenissimus

Hello,

i have recently got hold of a ds1629, which combines clock and temperature measurement.
i) has anyone experience with this chip ? some report about 1 C self heating
ii) i have been looking for some sample code or a library for the arduino - found nothing - is there somethign out there ?

thx
s

mowcius

I have not seen anything regarding this chip.

For the 1C temp you can normally sort it with a current limiting resistor.

Mowcius

serenissimus

sorry, did not get this, the device communicates via i2c and it does not have any particular power consuming part. so i guess the only power reduction can be obtained by cutting down on conversion rate and elimination of any square wave output.
meanwhile i adapted a DS1307 library to work on the DS1629 including the 'high precision' algorithm as described in the application note. it works like a charm.

s

mowcius

sorry, did not get this, the device communicates via i2c and it does not have any particular power consuming part. so i guess the only power reduction can be obtained by cutting down on conversion rate and elimination of any square wave output.

Ahh sorry, yes, not sure what I was thinking there...
meanwhile i adapted a DS1307 library to work on the DS1629 including the 'high precision' algorithm as described in the application note. it works like a charm.

Sounds good. Have you uploaded it anywhere in case someone else goes searching?

Mowcius

serenissimus

sure, never posted a library. where would you recommend to put it ?

s

mowcius

stick it in the arduino playground, you have to log in or something to do it. Don't ask me though, never done it either :D

Go Up