To make all thing clear to you, I`m trying to put a Kinect on the Quadcopter to make 3D modeling via Quadcopter.
So i need the bealgeboard to be connected to the Kinect through USB.
But the beagle board can`t be accepted as an autopilot board because of alot of problems, for example i need 4 PWM pins to control the 4 motors while beagle has only 3 pins, also it`s not easy to use i2c and other features like micro-controllers.
Thatswhy i decided to use another simple and fast micro-controller board to control 4 motors and get all sensors data using i2c.
I chooses the DUE board because it`s running on 84MHz SAM micro-controller and has w fast USB interface. But i wanted to make sure of this theoretical speed and you have cleared this point to me.
The procedure will be like this:-
1) Kinect is connected to beagleboard using USB ( linux OS ).
2) Due is connected to the beagleboard as well using USB.
3) All sensors and motors are connected to the DUE.
4) USB WIFI module is connected to beagle as well.
5) All of these are connected to beagle using a USB Hub, as beagle board only has 1 usb port available.
6) The DUE gets data from IMU using i2c.
7) The Due sends these data to the beagle.
Beagle board do complex calculations like DCM and PID using the data received from the DUE on a 200 Hz rate.
9) Beagle board receive the 3D data from the Kinect and get the distance from any obstacles and uses algorithms to make the Quadcopter move autonomously.
10) The beagle board also sends the Kinect data using WIFI to a PC which process this data to create the 3D map of the place.
11) in the same time, the Due receives the automatic control signals from the beagleboard, and the DUE controls motors depending on these signals, sothat the Quad moves autonomously depending on the beagle commands.
The final output is a 3D mapping using kinect via autonomous Quadcopter. The Quad creates a 3D map for the whole building by automatically exploring it.
And i don`t think that the DUE can run complex algorithms like DCM and run i2c, serial ... etc at 200Hz rate.
Thank alot in advance for your help